Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results on widexl

Hello all

I did an analysis on Widexl as suggested in another thread and the results were as follows:

Title meta tag contains no errors.
    This tag contains 46 characters.
    Title relevancy to page content is excellent.
    The Title relevancy to page content is 100%.
    Description:Description meta tag contains no errors.
    This tag contains 151 characters.
    Description relevancy to page content is very good.
    The Description relevancy to page content is 88%.
    Keywords:The keywords tag contain stop words.
    The keyword(s) 'for, your' are stop words and ignored by the most search engines. Keyword relevancy to page content is excellent.
    The keywords relevancy to page content is 100%.
    Robots:The Robots meta tag contains no errors.
    This tag contains 12 characters.
    Author:Found no author meta tag.
    This tag is not really required but can help for your (company) name recognizing.

Are there any other stop words that I shouldn't use??? I would use more of my keywords but I don't want to be seen as spamming. I am also not sure if I should use the same keywords on every page???? I'm running out of keywords.

Any comments appreciated.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Re: Results on widexl

Any comments appreciated

Comment

Stop words are the short very common words that we use to tie the english language together. Some of these words are " are, in, is, am, for, it, of, " etc..."

The widexl tool is a pretty good one. Hope this helps!
      Affordable Medical Insurance
      Discount Dental Plan
      Washington State Health Insurance
      Temporary Health Insurance
      Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

should (we) delete the stop words?
        http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

Hi, I used this site & found it very useful. I took out all these type of words & all came back green on the report. There are other words that are apparently not SE friendly are forums ????? (not sure why)
          So I took forum of my pages & change it to chat room & all seems happy on the reports page.
          The other good thing is that it reminds you to make sure the content matches your key words & not trying to place a load of unrelated words to that page.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

There is no reason for "stop" words in your keywords - as then you aren't listing keywords.

But you also should NOT be putting any keywords into the meta keywords tag that aren't on the page. I often don't use this tag at all anymore as it isn't used by Google, Yahoo or MSN. But some of the little se's still look at them.

As to these reports - remember they are computer generated and you need to look at everything they say with a human eye. They might tell you that you need more or less keyword density - but, in all honesty, that HAS to be dictated by whether or not the page is properly written for the HUMAN visitor - which is who your site is ultimately for - and is who it needs to be designed for. The se's really only want to find what the people using them are looking for.

Now, you also can't decide what is best for people based on your likes. (My stores would look entirely different if I did that) - but you have to go by what the majority (in most cases) would use - I might use terms in my everyday speech that the majority wouldn't use - using them on my site wouldn't help me and they'd never find me. The color of something might be azure - but most likely if someone searches by color they'll put in blue. Those types of things need to be remembered.

Use all the tools that are available - but use them always with the people in mind who will be your visitor/customer.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well said Bethers.
              Affordable Medical Insurance
              Discount Dental Plan
              Washington State Health Insurance
              Temporary Health Insurance
              Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

I removed all my stop words but as Bethers has said I ensured my visitors still get the information their looking for.

I get good results on widexl and and after some expert advice from Bethers on S.E.O I am slowly getting good ranking for some keywords in Google and Yahoo.

Now its a matter of working on all the other Traffic building ideas such as linking, writing articles etc....

Comment

Working...
                X