This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly where in BlueVoda do I find Publish

I am still having a problem publishing my pages. What does the source of "Publish" look like? I know it sounds stupid but could it be I am trying to publish to the wrong place? If so where should I be?

I find Publish under, "File," in BlueVoda. That is where I have been trying to publish my pages. It wont accept my username or password.
    www.dabsoflight.com

For fine pixel art and photos
    pixelpainter@verizon.net

Re: Exactly where in BlueVoda do I find Publish

Perhaps you need to download the latest version of BV. Often that is the case. Downloading the latest version will have the latest Server IP addresses.

As to the publish thing- you might want to make sure and watch the video tutorials from begining to end. They go over alot of good stuff.

Find the latest version of BV here:
    http://www.bluevoda.com/bv.zip

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

You can find the PUBLISH function in Blue Voda about mid-left of the top browser bar (the icon looks like flying notepad sheets), or easily enough by slowly rolling over the icons with your mouse to let the labels present.

Be a little careful as you race through using BV, though, as the "Preview" and "Publish" icons are next to each other!

If you cannot find your IP number in the Publish Dialog box (top line, select the correct server you have been assigned), then as Andy suggested, you may have an older version of BV and may need to download BV again....it does no harm to your created pages or files, so fear not. It will however, re-populate the list of available servers in the Publish Dialog box for you to properly select from.
      The IP numbers are listed on your confirmation email, and are a series of numbers similar to this: 74.52.42.242
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you, Andy.
        I
        www.dabsoflight.com

pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

Thank you Andy,
          I have revisited all the tutorials numerous times, found a few problems but cleared
          www.dabsoflight.com

pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

them up. all that remains is the problem of publishing them. I did download the BlueVoda software as you suggested and to no avail. Also I found another icon for publishing in another place on the same page of BlueVoda, but they do not work either. I must be overlooking something.
            VHID 10247
            www.dabsoflight.com

pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

Thank you Vasilli,
              While I have tried each of the items you suggest the problem persists. I downloaded the software again but it made no difference. If you think it will help I would be willing to completly reconstruct all of my pages but I don't really think it will matter.
              www.dabsoflight.com

pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

Vasilli,
                I forgot to mention that I also rechecked the IP address. It is the same as was issued to me.
                VHID 10247 pixelpainter
                www.dabsoflight.com

pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

So what happens when you try to publish? Maybe your firewall, antivirus or other such settings are prohibiting your publish connection? On the first part of this thread it was simply finding publish that was the problem.

Tell us step-by-step what the problem is. Are you getting error messages? Does the publish button do nothing? Are you on dial-up? Broadband?

Have you opened a support ticket? If it will not in any way shape or form take your valid username and password- you need to open a support ticket.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Vasili and Andy,
                    The problem with my username and password for my IP adress is solved. I appreciate all your patience and help. The problem was using a small `i' when an `l' was needed. I feel so dumb!
                    pixelpainter
                    www.dabsoflight.com

pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

No worries! It's all good. Glad it got sorted out- we're all anxiously waiting to see your site!!

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I thought I had it about ready except for some finishing touches until I tried to access it on Google. Up until now it seemed to work just fine. A couple of pages need reworking but the links seem to be okay. If you would like to see it you are welcome to access it if you can. This is my first effort and I am trying a number of things so your suggestions are very welcome.
                        www.dabsoflight.com

pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

What is the website? URL maybe?

Andy
                          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

What is the address?
                            www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Hi scubadiver, My apologies. I sure forgot to give it to you. It is: www.dabsoflight.com By the way I did take a peek at your new web site and like the background you used very much. Also I am not quite there yet but you have a slide show feature that might be something I can use. Can you tell me how you did that? Is it a feature in BlueVoda? Your anims are cute. Where did you find them?

pixelpainter
                              www.dabsoflight.com

pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

Working...
                              X