jpg / gif open in a separate page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpg / gif open in a separate page

how do i get a jpg/gif to open in a separate window. I set it up to where when the customer clicks on a jpg or gif on my website, to enlarge the picture for them, but when they go to close out that picture, it closes them out of the whole website??

how can I get it so that they don't have to hit the back button when they are looking at the jpg and they can just close it out and they'll still be at the website??

right now the way it's set up, if you go to www.haydell.com and click on an image to enlarge it, it will enlarge it for you - but if you close out of the image, you close out of the whole website and I don't want that, I want it to just close out of the picture - not the website so i need the images to open in their OWN PAGE.

can someone help me with how to do this??

katiec

Re: jpg / gif open in a separate page

You can use BV Sw to create Photo Gallary. Once you're done with you pics, go to properties, look for "Target:" it is set Open in the same browser as defalt. You can change it to ..."open in a pop up window".

Check how it works in this site http://enanumart.com/album/pictures.html try to click images.

All the best!
    jahnSELE

Comment

Re: jpg / gif open in a separate page

Wow Katiec, you have set the forum pages alight. I know what it is like when you want to get all the web stuff working right first time and it wont. Try to experiment with the simple stuff first, even though it might not have the bells and whistles that you have in your plan.

There are many ways to do the photo gallery. The method I used [which was before BV8] is this.
      Create a thumbnail picture - say 70x100 pixels.
      Create the enlarged version at say 350x500 pixels.
      Create a web page for enlarged picture, containing only the picture. Set the page border to be just bigger than the picture. Say 400x550. For this example lets call this page "BigPic"

On the page that contains the thumbnail, right click the thumbnail, choose HTML and paste this in the Before Tag box...

<A href="#" onClick="window.open('http://www.haydell.com/BigPic.html', '','width=400,height=550'); return false;">

In the After Tag box paste this ....</A>

That's all. Some methods have longer load times than others.
      Try my photo gallery.

Have fun
      Royden

www.harrow-art.com
      www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Working...
      X