Text lurking in main text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text lurking in main text

I am really not sure how to explain this. Here goes. I am ready to publish a new page. I previewed it and lo and behold there is a hyperlink I must have typed, then decided I did not want, thought I had deleted it and obviously didn't. Now I cannot find it for the life of me. Is there some easy, obvious way I do not know about, to fix my problem?

Since I cannot find it and do not want it , lurking seemed an appropriate word to use. LOL

Re: Text lurking in main text

So if I understand correctly you see it on the preview but not on the page while you are making it?
    It's probably layered "behind " something else. If that is the case go to where you think it appears and move everything to the back (or remove stuff until you find it.. If you are afraid you won't be ablt to recreate.. then clone the page and do the same. At least then you will find out how much needs to come off to expose it.
    I am sure there is a simpler more tech savvy to do it, but as a trian-and-error beginner type,that is what I would try..
    good luck
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Remember- the browser may be pulling up and old temp file. Always save before publishing. Remove temp internet files. Try publishing it and see if it shows up.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Also, check that this is not inserted directly in the page code, in one of the Page HTML Tags.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Publish the page (and then the url here)and we can look and see if its still lurking........
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Perhaps the easiest, exact way to find the lurker is to preview the page, then on the top IE menu click View>Source. You should get a page opened up in notepad.
            Then do a Find on <A href
            This is the anchor tag which all links have. Find the lurker, and note it's position, which will be something like ... left:657px;top:10px

Go back to the BV page and move your mouse, while watching the x and y position numbers, at the bottom right of the page. Voila!

Then you can do the move to back/front stuff, or move things out of the way, until you find the lurker.
            Royden

www.harrow-art.com
            www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions and understanding the problem.

I ended up cloning the page, deleting all the text and retyping. The "lurker" was a html code, but I could not find it.

I did preview it many times, could see it, but could not locate it on the page.

Zig Zag - If I had read your post before I cloned it, I would have tried it. Sounds much easier and faster. I'll try it your way next time - I am sure there will be a next time.

Ya'll are great -
              Andrea - from the Land that is Grand - Oklahoma

Comment

Working...
              X