other business pages within my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other business pages within my site

I'm not sure if I can do this or not so thought I'd better check it out. Here's the scoop:

I have a page within my site that's about my town - with links to local businesses. Can I have individual static pages for these businesses within my website? I want to promote their business in exchange for them promoting mine in other ways - driving traffic to my site. Many of them are small businesses that do not have a website and probably never will. So I put together a campaign letter to these businesses asking them to give me a small spot for my business propaganda in their shops in exchange for a static page on my website. This would benefit me because they could give out their static page address, which would be a part of my address. Is this breaking the rules? I haven't done it yet. And, I'm not asking for payment from them so I'm not making money on it. But, hey, if I can do this, can I make money on it? Or is this totally unethical?

Ellielou
    www.threadhut.com

Re: other business pages within my site

AS long as this is your domain and you have paid your hosting fee then you can put paid advertising on your site as long as it is only controlled by you.

Sounds like a good idea.......good luck
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks David. I put a lot of thought into this idea - spent a few hours putting together a letter before it occured to me that this might not be too kosher. So, now I can move forward. Yea!

Ellielou

Comment

Have a look at this site, its a similar idea as yours:

Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks again David. Gives me some ideas - although my circuits are already on overload. I go to bed dreaming about websites and marketing.

Ellielou
          www.threadhut.com

Comment

David and Ellielou-
            Take a look at my site for our local area. Starting out slow but many local area businesses have loved it and I have had a lot of fun with it. I contacted VH and explained the idea and they said -NO PROBLEM!

http://www.123GPP.com

Cheers,

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy - thanks for that. More food for thought. I was thinking that I would create a separate page for each business and it could be as comprehensive as they wanted it to be. Then they could have a separate address - something like www.threadhut.com/phillipscarwash. html. They wouldn't actually have to go thru my site to get there if they typed in this address, but my site would be visible so they could check it out. Is this feasible? I'm really new at all of this - my main focus is to drive traffic to my website. But if I could make a few bucks at it, why not? How much is a service like this worth?

By the way, I used to live up that way. For a while in GP and then in the suburbs of Detroit.

Ellielou
              www.threadhut.com

Comment

What a small world!!

I thought of that too (accessing individual pages direct) but as you say- the goal is traffic to your site. They can always bookmark- but make it so when they tell their friends that it is easier to look them up on your site. As in mine- you are never more than three clicks to any area, page , section. Rather than a menu bar on each page- I have the main web-site link at the top so they can come back tothe directory ( as it is very comprehensive). And then there is a back one page button incase they accessed it via the directory page or handy man page.

Yes it is very valuable. You are giving internet access to someone who would otherwsie not have it. You increase their chances of being seen by grouping them in with the community search and then good meta tags will take care of individual searches.

I would not do it as a subdomain. Harder for search engine bots. Come up with a simple name for that area that you will be serving.

"as comprehensive as they would want"- Be careful of that. That is why I gave them the choice of three web-page templates. You don't want them to think they have unlimited artistic license or they will drain you dry. Plus- you want your site mentioned as it is you that brought it. Therefore you get advertisement each and every visit or search.

Just some more food for thought.

Cheers and good luck.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Beings that the goal is to drive traffic to your site (threadhut.com) you could always have a a reference to it on your other site like-

"This service brought to you by ThreadHut.com" That way you get advertisement for both sites on each and every search or query.

FYI

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hey Andy - just got around to reading your reply. Been working on those nasty little "bots" and trying to get recognized.

So, I did put together a package with 3 templates (I borrowed your idea but changed it a bit - I don't want a 1 time payment, but rather a fee for setting it up and then small monthly fee for maintaining it. My thoughts for that are they can leave anytime they want to. I've polled some businesses around here and they like this idea. Already have some people ready to sign up, but I don't feel comfortable with doing this till I get the thing about being ranked down pat. This is the most difficult part for me right now.

Thanks for the input on making sure I put my name there somewhere. Don't know why, but never thought of that. Another one of those "brain cramps". I really do appreciate all the help. I really love this BV and these forums have provided so much help to me.

Ellielou
                    www.threadhut.com

Comment

Ellielou,

Fantastic my BV friend! I am glad the business model is well received- Once your ready, I'd love to see it. Remember my site 123GPP.com and send me a line when your up and running. Might want to pick Bethers brain about the best way to be "SE BOT" friendly- she is wealth of info. Actually, she is our resident expert on the subject.

Cheers and have a great evening

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy - check this web-page out. Tell me what you think. I put a "demure" link to my website in it. I did this for a friend (freebie, of course). She has a sewing business too, but she does different things from me, so we don't compete. Visitors will also be able to see this page via my Deale page. The people that I polled really liked the idea of having their own "address". I think that was a selling feature.

http://www.threadhut.com/artsea_boutique.html

ellielou
                        www.threadhut.com

Comment

Ellielou,

Very nice! You do good work! It sounds like a very exciting venture! I know mine was and still is.

Keep me posted!!

Andy
                          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I am always looking for classified partners, let me know if I can be of assistance

Comment

STOP SPAMMING THE FORUMS!

If you persist you will be removed.
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X