Advertising Affiliate & SubAffiliate Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising Affiliate & SubAffiliate Program

I am wondering, firstly if this is a good idea or a bad idea ... and if it is a good idea to be able to do, what is the best way to do it so that it will work out ....

Putting an ad on a site that I know I can, but they do not take html to be able to put the logo there, also just adding the text link can be done, however, you are unable to click the text link, you have to copy it into your browser to go to the link, (so was thinking, someone could change it then??)

Or is there another way? Also, are you allowed to do this for the affiliate and sub affiliate programs?

Thanks

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Advertising Affiliate & SubAffiliate Program

I didn't understand your question, I suppose. (even after re-reading a few times! LOL)

1. Which/Whose affiliate program? A program you enrolled for your site, like Commission Junction? Or, the Post Affiliate Pro program available from VH to run your own affiliate program?

2. Who is "they"? Are you proposing sharing one of your affiliate links (from a program you've enrolled in) with someone else (which is strictly prohibited)?? Each Publisher needs to have their own unique ID, so "sharing" is never permissable.

3. If anyone wants to participate in any affiliate program (whether it be by subscription/enrollment with a network, or one that I run myself) if they cannot publish the links as designed it is a sure clue they are not suitable for the program: one of the best things about Affiliate Marketing is that is IS so simple and uniform, thus it is more manageable and profitable. I prefer to work with those who understand what is going on, can stay on the same page, and will benefit from the program. I don't have time to clean up crisis after crisis.

4. I've personally never heard of a "sub-affiliate" program....ever. They are simply not allowed. Unless of course you wish to establish one of your own using PAP any way you desire......good luck, though, on it being successful. I can't think through to it being fair, productive, nor manageable.
    In my opinion, of course!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I'm with Vasili - your question eluded me.

However, on the linking part - anyone can change anything you give them - or you can change what they give you - that's why you always check your links :) - but not making a link clickable takes away the importance that they are given by se's.

Please explain the affiliate part better - can we see it?
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

lol ... firstly both of you thanks for taking the time to read and re-read lol

I owe you both some grapa lol

okay

My own affiliate id # for voda is what I am referring to:

There are several free advertising places that I can post my own affiliate # about blue voda website building.

So I was wondering if this was a good idea or not?

The part about the html code was ... I can only post a text link, the banner image cannot be shown ....

So I was wondering, since it is just a text ad and my affiliate id # being shown so visibly if perhaps this was bad or is this good?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ladyeye.. I honestly wouldn't go publishing my affiliate ID in a static ad.

I am also finding it strage that a site that can have text links will not have banners..?????? Why not..??? Text links and banners both use the same HTML scripting.. kinda weird.

Comment

Originally posted by ez-ez
            Ladyeye.. I honestly wouldn't go publishing my affiliate ID in a static ad.

I am also finding it strage that a site that can have text links will not have banners..?????? Why not..??? Text links and banners both use the same HTML scripting.. kinda weird.
            Thank you Carlos ... that was the answer I was looking for.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I don't use banner ads - only do text ads - and my affiliate id would be the same in either - if you look at www.achildspalace,.com - in the footer of the home page, I say that A Child's Palace recommends VodaHost - and the link to vodahost includes my affiliate id.

Yes, you can do this and I highly recommend it - I will NOT put banners to these on my sites (unless you do a separate banners page) And the link this way works. And if someone wants me to put a banner on my links pages instead of a text link, I don't do that either. Will only do that in rare cases for affiliates.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

4. I've personally never heard of a "sub-affiliate" program....ever. They are simply not allowed. Unless of course you wish to establish one of your own using PAP any way you desire......good luck, though, on it being successful. I can't think through to it being fair, productive, nor manageable.
                In my opinion, of course![/quote]

lmao vasili - It was a new word for "2nd Tier Affiliates" ... lol .... I think the domain and sub domain was sticking in my head ... lmao ....

Establish one of my own using PAP - lol ... now that would be too funny .... can I use you as my trial ... lmao ..... of course that is after you fill me in on all the pap's ... lol ...

And Bethers, I looked at how you did yours and that is nice., not exposing your id and takes you right there .....

Have more homework to do to accomplish this .....

thanks everyone

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Carlos,
                  Ads - like in Craig's List - are not banner ads - so there are lots of places where you can place text ads but not banner ads - other than just on someone else's website :)
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

I have to re-track my statement about sub-affiliates, my statement that said to vasili, "I must have been confused with the wording of sub as in domain ..."

I have found the wording sub-affiliates in the very dropdown menu on the affiliate partner program in my account

Once inside your account, If you choose Affiliate Marketing
                    then choose Banners

A drop down menu will appear and if you have a look through the drop down menu you will see the link for Sub Affiliates

:)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

New info, I suppose.....interesting that VH allows sub-affiliates. Very interesting.

Concerning TEXT LINKS and listing them in without exposing your affiliate code, look at this post for basic affiliate link methods: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/39256-post2.html

When you create a text link, simply enter the appropriate code into the hyper tool to link up correctly.
                      You may wish to actually "establish" it here in VodaTalk, typing the text you want and then hyperlinking it accordingly, which you can then COPY/PASTE after posting....

Comment

Thanks Vasili, that looks like what I was looking for ... will give it a try and see if I can master that ... (eeks) ...

Are you back from vacation already? Haven't seen your swimsuit pic yet, hee hee .... please submit, lol

Just a couple of other questions directed to anyone that has the time to answer and may know for sure, (and yes I have read, but just would like to be certain that I am reading correctly.)

1. Can someone join as an affiliate without having their website hosted here and be able to promote blue voda through their own affiliate id. I am assuming, then they would become my sub-affiliate if they joined the affiliate program via my affiliate ID #. Would that be correct?

2. Just to be certain - I am able to promote this in an email campaign and mention the web hosting, but also mention the affiliate program and how that works?

Thanks everyone!!

(The below is just my test)

Click here for an awesome free web builder and unbelievable low price web hosting!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hiya Again....

(As soon as she sends me the pix, I'll post them in a "show-all" thread in the Lounge - Uff Da!)

Your test works just fine.
                          I don't think a sub-affiliate program works on the pyramid model, however. I'll look into that today.
                          EDIT> Well, it looks like VH has added not only a higher commission, but the referral commission (sub-affiliate aspect) also! Pretty neat!

About the hosting at VH being a pre-requisite, you should re-read the Terms of Agreement at the VodaGold site......as far as I can remember, promotion is promotion, so it behooves VH to allow it......Think it's time yet for you to ante up? LOL

Comment

Thanks Vasili, all the tips are great, I am going to use them everywhere I remember to .... yes, the programs are awesome! I want to be just like u!! :)

will anxiously await to see those photos ... lol :)

ante-up ... will do that on halloween day, then I wont scare you .... lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
                              I want to be just like u!! :)
                              Personally, I think you should re-think that: you would look quite unusual being bald, overweight, and with my juvenile sense of humor!!!

(I think I'm still wearing my swimming suit in front of the pyramids in Tulum....talk about losing your appetite! LOLOL)

Comment

Working...
                              X