Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paypal shopping cart question

Hi (Beth) all,

I have managed to install the shopping cart from paypal onto my website www.bubbeesbeads.org and it looks great and WORKS!
    Only one question.................I tried a sample purchase, and paypal asked me for name and password. Could not go further without it.

DOES THAT MEAN THAT NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO PURCHASE THRU PAYPAL UNLESS THEY ARE REGISTERED THERE?
    YET, PAYPAL SAYS, PEOPLE DO NOT NEED EVEN CREDIT CARD TO PAY...

Any info on this would be appreciated. Hope I didn't fall for a scam since its supposed to be free...............
    thx, Mindy

Re: paypal shopping cart question

Mindy,
    I just tried it and it worked the way it's supposed to for me.

They do not need a paypal account - they are given the option to use it if they have it - but to simply use their credit card if not.

I think it must be recognizing cookies from you and it knows it's your account. See if you can access your site from another computer and try it - it worked perfectly from mine.

BUT - you did not code any of the different products differently - so when I clicked to add 3 different pairs of earrings - I got to paypal and simply says 3 pairs of earrings - how will you know which ones they ordered? And I probably would have abandoned the order because it didn't detail my purchase. You should go back through and make sure EACH and EVERY add to cart button has the specific info for THAT product - and that it is named to describe THAT product.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

OY VEY Beth............what a job.............but I will do it.........will let you know when I'm finished :))) Mindy

Comment

No one said it would be easy :) - However, if you get the code for one - you should be able to then take that code and make the necessary changes to it for each other - like if the name is Pink Earrings1 for one - the other would need Blue Earrings, etc etc - but each pair needs either it's own name or product number - something that matches what it says on the website and describes to you AND to the customer that they have ordered the product they want!

You're doing a great job.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well done Mindy!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Beth and all the Hosts who helped me..........its finally DONE...Beth I did every single item, it took me all day.......and I am hoping it is worth it. If not, then I surely learned alot. If there is ever anything to do to return the favor you simply have to ask :))) Thanks Again
            Mindy

Comment

The same thing happened to me. I tried the same thing with another browser and it worked perfectly then. It was a bit stressful at first!!!
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Mindy,
                Just share your newfound knowledge as you get the opportunity - that's all the thanks I could ask for.

I wish you great success.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                X