How and were do i place a sitemap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How and were do i place a sitemap?

Well i created a sitemap for rss and xml etc but now i have the files where the heck to i place them or what heres where the toaster sets in now my brain is unplugged. :)
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Re: How and were do i place a sitemap?

You can set a link to your sitemap on the index page, this way it will be picked up by robots. I also like to use a sitemap on my largest site for humans to follow - the link to this is in my menu. I use the ROR sitemap for robots, and for an example of a 'human' sitemap see http://www.limebrook.com/sitemap.html
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Hi Jim,
      You have an extra ">" on the top left of your home page just below the blue paranormal link.
      I suugest you ask one of your "techie" friends to find it. They will know what to look for.

I would be VERY interested to see what sort of sitemap Ror will create for you. I say this, because not all your pages start with www.naghosthunters. Some start with "nagh", some with all sorts of other things. The automatic sitemap generators will probably get it wrong.

If the sitemap does not list all your pages, you will have to resort to a "human" sitemap and perhaps put a "mini" menu at the bottom of the home page. I had to do this, but for a slightly different reason.

Happy hunting and regards,
      Royden

www.harrow-art.com
      www.harrow.co.za

Comment

yeah the nagh.org is where i started the coppermine and forum
        "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Working...
        X