viewing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viewing problems

can someone help me. I have recently published my website. On my monitor is looks great but go onto another monitor smaller than mine i have to use the bottom scroll bar to see the full page. How do I get my webpages to fully fit on any monitor without my viewers having to scroll across. My website is www.abreak4u.co.uk

Re: viewing problems

The best thing to do is to design your page so it is 800 x 600. This way it will fit comfortably on most screen resolutions. It does not matter about monitor size, but there are many reasons why people have their screen resolutions set to this size.

You can easily adjust your page, and then set it to centralise in the browser so that it looks good on any screen size.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

I'll second Trish's comment on width and centering
      Yours is set at width: 1296px, bit too wide.
      Some of the links don't work and the NavBar could use some tweaking, several of the titles tend to overlap their edges.
      Consider leaving the scroll bars set at default, no need to encase your apartment and you want users to focus on content not the frame.

Nice place.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

By the way, it has nothing to do with the size of the monitor screen - but it has everything to do with how each computer is set up - what resolution it shows the websites at. That is why the 800x600 is recommended - as that should then show on all computers no matter what resolution - just some will then have more of a "border" or white space around the website.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

HI

My website is under construction and I am having the same problem. See www.drbuskin.com

My website has full colour throughout and the white border I se on my higher resolution laptop looks stupid. How can i get the website to fill all resolutions and have no side scroll

Thanks

Stephen

Comment

Stephen, I answered this where you asked it in your other post. You can't do what you're asking with BV - read that explanation where I gave more details.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Bethers , this was written before I knew how to start a new thread. I will continue on my new thread.

Thanks

Stephen

Comment

should also mention the width is '800 the length is okay to change from '600 as people do not usually mind scrolling down, sometimes you need to have a longer page length than '600 ..... and remember to center

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X