Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want a guest book on my site how do i do it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want a guest book on my site how do i do it ?

i like things explained simply and clearly, i want to put a guest book on my site,

i have been to the cpanel, and selected fantatisco, i have followed the wizard it is installed in a folder black viper.

it sits there what exactly do i do next ?

it maybe second nature to you, but to me its a whole new ball game.

could you siimply with detail explain where i go from here.

i find in your support department, that less is more, just one liners.

i need it put in clear and simple terms

why not get a blue voda tutorial on the subject that would be most helpful.

also in the fantastico there are whole lot of scripts, you install them, but how do you make them appear on a website is their a basic principle to follow.

i am a beginner, is this to deep for me if so are their simpler solutions ?

Hi,

When you install something from cpanel/fantastico it usually asks you to specify a directory inwhich to install it. For this example (guestbook) you could use the directory "guest" (try and keep it simple and with no spaces, as this is the path your viewers will use to access it) - and click install. Once the installation is complete, you can then access, edit and modify the settings etc... for your guestbook by following the path you chose - for example. "yoursite.com/guest"

Hope this helps.

Pete.
    http://www.pete-sloan.co.uk
    http://www.ragingmonkies.co.uk
    http://www.premiership-prediction.co.uk
    http://www.annacrook.co.uk
    http://www.kelsallfc.co.uk

pete@pete-sloan.co.uk

Comment

I`ll give it a try thanks for your input .

Regards

Chris Watts
      Originally posted by scousepete79
      Hi,

When you install something from cpanel/fantastico it usually asks you to specify a directory inwhich to install it. For this example (guestbook) you could use the directory "guest" (try and keep it simple and with no spaces, as this is the path your viewers will use to access it) - and click install. Once the installation is complete, you can then access, edit and modify the settings etc... for your guestbook by following the path you chose - for example. "yoursite.com/guest"

Hope this helps.

Pete.

Comment

Maybe this would be easier. Go to Bravenet.com and register, it's free. They have free web tools, including a guest book that you can customize to your liking. Then all you have to do is cut and paste and place it where you want. You do this by getting on Blue Voda, on the left there is an html icon. Click on it, go over where you want your guestbook to be (your arrow is now crosshairs). Click and hold left mouse button and place your box (much like putting in text.) Double click on box , an html box will pop up. Paste your code there you got fron Bravenet.com. You'll see an html box on your page. To view what it looks like you'll need to select preview. Hope this helps, let us know.
        Last edited by vinny1957; 08-24-2005, 03:06 PM. Reason: spelling
        www.assetravel.com

Comment

Thanks that is very simple and helpful.

although in the end i have used another one.

regards

Chris Watts.

Originally posted by vinny1957
          Maybe this would be easier. Go to Bravenet.com and register, it's free. They have free web tools, including a guest book that you can customize to your liking. Then all you have to do is cut and paste and place it where you want. You do this by getting on Blue Voda, on the left there is an html icon. Click on it, go over where you want your guestbook to be (your arrow is now crosshairs). Click and hold left mouse button and place your box (much like putting in text.) Double click on box , an html box will pop up. Paste your code there you got fron Bravenet.com. You'll see an html box on your page. To view what it looks like you'll need to select preview. Hope this helps, let us know.

Comment

GOT IT SORTED A RELIEF.

SORRY FOR THE APPARENT FRUSTRATION

Originally posted by cmwatts67
            i like things explained simply and clearly, i want to put a guest book on my site,

i have been to the cpanel, and selected fantatisco, i have followed the wizard it is installed in a folder black viper.

it sits there what exactly do i do next ?

it maybe second nature to you, but to me its a whole new ball game.

could you siimply with detail explain where i go from here.

i find in your support department, that less is more, just one liners.

i need it put in clear and simple terms

why not get a blue voda tutorial on the subject that would be most helpful.

also in the fantastico there are whole lot of scripts, you install them, but how do you make them appear on a website is their a basic principle to follow.

i am a beginner, is this to deep for me if so are their simpler solutions ?

Comment

Originally posted by cmwatts67
              GOT IT SORTED A RELIEF.

SORRY FOR THE APPARENT FRUSTRATION
              Don't be sorry, we had to learn,

in your control panel you can view files by going into "file manager"

click on public(small folder), this is your web site, there will be a folder called either guest or guestbook( or what you called the guest book)

open the folder, inside will be a file called admin.php click on admin.php to the right of screen you will find url if you click on the url i.e yoursite/admin.php

that will take you to the guest book setup

change the setting as required

the url to staf guest book is the index.php so the link to your guest book would be yoursite/index.php

hope that explain it abit better

FRUSTRATION, is best dealt with by walking away from your pc, have drink and then starting again, there aways someone here to help you
              www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
              BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
              Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Thank you for message, I actually gave up that idea and went with a free alternative if you look at my website, you will see who i went with.

by the way I have 3 free downloads you can have, and every month I will put on another 3 free downloads, i guess thats great for people who like guitar instrumental music.

regards

chris watts.

Originally posted by Maddog

click on public(small folder), this is your web site, there will be a folder called either guest or guestbook( or what you called the guest book)

open the folder, inside will be a file called admin.php click on admin.php to the right of screen you will find url if you click on the url i.e yoursite/admin.php

the url to staf guest book is the index.php so the link to your guest book would be yoursite/index.php

FRUSTRATION, is best dealt with by walking away from your pc, have drink and then starting again, there aways someone here to help you

Comment

Thanks For That

That helped me out....was not as complicated as I thought!!!
                  Thank you.
                  now I have another Q. I have set up my guestbook and it is working fine.... my daughter has a few pages on my site and I have tried to give her a guestbook too.
                  I installed viper again... obviously instead of naming it 'guest' I named her one 'guest2'....everything seems fine-I can view it by going to url .....but can't seem to link it to her page......the problem I think is in the viper set up where I put 'mysite/index.php' I have put the same in both setups-so I assume you can't have two guestbooks for one site??
                  Originally posted by Maddog

Comment

Done it lol

it's ok ....managed it
                    changed it to 'mysite/guest2/index.php'
                    christ I'm actually learning ....and enjoying it!!
                    Thanks Again
                    Pete

Comment

Working...
                    X