This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueVoda or Soholaunch?

I am a stay at home mom/jewelry designer. I want to sell my jewelry online. They are one of a kind pieces I make myself so I'm not talking about tons of product here.

I've downloaded BlueVoda and in one day I was able to create 2 web pages which is more than I've been able to do after several months and many tries with a bunch of other build-it yourself type software. I want to use PayPal to process my customers payments because it's fairly easy and free. I can't afford a bunch of bells and whistles.

My question is should I stick with BlueVoda or would it be easier to use Soholaunch? I have absolutely NO HTML knowledge and I've just starting learning the meanings of terms like "hosting", "shopping cart" and such, so to say I'm a novice at website building is an understatement.

I've looked over some of the Soholaunch tutorials but the editing a web page portion won't play for me and that's really what I want to see. The layout of that editing page looks confusing to me because it's not like BlueVoda.

Re: BlueVoda or Soholaunch?

Hello!

Personally, BlueVoda is the program I would prefer out of SohoLaunch. If you use BlueVoda you will be able to do what ever you would like to make.

If you use SohoLaunch you need to choose a template, you can't drag anything and it's all done on the internet browser not like BlueVoda you don't need an internet connnection to make your website unless you need to publish.

If you want a professional looking website, I suggest BlueVoda out of SohoLaunch. If you are a stay at home mom then you should have time to design your own template for BlueVoda instead of a cheap one that everyone has on Soho.

If you have problems on BlueVoda just post it here and we can help you.

Much success to you!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Well, I'm at home because I'm raising three children, caring for a terminally ill parent, and trying to launch this internet business, so time is at a premium for me too, but I understand what you mean. I do keep late nights working on this and I'm find BlueVoda very easy to use so I'm thinking I better not rock that boat and stick with it. You also brought up some good points about using Soho that I hadn't thought of. I definitely like the flexibility that BV seems to allow.

Now, on that note. I'm trying to download the background templates for BV but it keeps telling me the file is corrupted. Can anyone help me with that? I'd love to use a nice background and I'm not really feeling the solid colors.

Comment

For what you are doing, I think you'll be fine using BV with Paypal. You don't have to understand the html code paypal gives you to put on your products, you just have to learn how to do it. It's really not hard and we'll be glad to help as necessary.

Just remember now, as you build your pages with the jewelry - you HAVE to leave room for the Add to Cart button from paypal on each one. Or you can go to paypal now and do it simultaneously. And make sure you make a different button for each product, giving each product a distinctive name.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

1) If you are getting a corrupted download, you might require the aid of a piece of software called a download manager, click the below...

http://www.download.com/Internet-Dow...ml?tag=lst-0-2

2) many people use Bluevoda to build the front end of their websites and use Soholaunch for the backend and eCommerce shopping cart.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you so much. I'm getting cautiously excited. I think I may actually be able to do this. I'm no dummy but I've haven't been able to find any site builder that I was able to figure out until now.

Comment

Working...
            X