Overlapping text areas on Blue Voda sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlapping text areas on Blue Voda sites

Ever since I became a customer I have been having a problem with viewing sites built with Blue Voda. The problem I have is that I continually see lines of text overlapping one another. It seems to be when there are multiple fonts in use.

I am strongly suspicious of something being wrong in the setup of my computer, but I don't have a clue what it might be. I have tried to use different browsers to see if that is causing the problem, but after trying the same pages with IE, Netscape, Firefox and Opera I've come to the conclusion it isn't a browser issue.

Has anyone heard of this before and/or have some idea what my be causing this overlapping?

Thanks,
    Wayne
    www.shirway.us
    www.beautyinwood.com

Re: Overlapping text areas on Blue Voda sites

Some people make sites that look good in IE, but never look at how the site looks in Firefox or other browsers - and they might have overlapping in that manner. Sometimes, they use the html boxes and don't size them correctly.

However, in your case, have you tried looking at any of these same pages on another computer? It could be that some of them are using fonts that you don't have installed on your computer - and when your computer changes those fonts to one you have, it causes the overlap. I'm suggesting this because you seem to be seeing the same overlapping on all browsers on the one computer.

It is recommended that people only use the web safe fonts - but even then, you might not have one of them.

There are other possibilities, but without knowing pages in question to see myself if I see what you do - it's impossible to really come up with the difinitive answer.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
    X