Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help, Have a question about search engines

Hello
    Very keen to sign up for vodahost, but I am new to it all, and very confused!!

I have already downloaded and made pages for my site with Bluevoda web builder, and I love it!!

I have also registered a domain name, once I have signed up to be hosted with you, I am confused as to what happens next....

How do I get on the search engines???, and do I have to pay to be on Google or Yahoo etc.

To those of you who understand it all, I am sure this seems like a stupid question, but it has been a little too much information all at once for me.

I NEED HELP.
    Can someone help me understand this please.

Many thanks in advance.
    A very grateful newbie.

Regards
    Marie

Re: Please Help, Have a question about search engines

It is not a stupid question but there is no easy answer either. The search engines are always "spidering" the internet world looking for everything out there. Links to a site - even in posts here - will be found and take the se's to your site. They will index it - and the more links and ways they find your site, the better they will rank it. They will also look at the site internally and rank many things on it - including what it's about, how relevant it is, if it sounds authoritative, and even spelling and grammar. Everything about it counts or detracts. Then when people use search terms, they remember everything they've spidered and pull up what they believe are the most relevant sites for the terms.

Now, for some se's how long your site has been up will also factor into whether or not they give you an entry on the early pages in the search - or back in later pages. Remember, there will be thousands, sometimes millions of sites that will come up, in some way, on all searches.

When the site is new, you can have it submitted to all the se's. But being submitted, will only mean they'll eventually look at the site - without working to get links to the site from other sites, press releases, etc etc - you won't have much chance of getting anything more than "found" by them.

Some companies, even ones the se's have found and do use in top searches, pay to be at the top of the paid listings when people search. This can be a way to make it to the top without working as hard. But instead of hard work, this takes spending money and sometimes a lot of money. If the return will be more than the money spent, it can be worthwhile.

OK - this is very basic, but hopefully answered a few of your questions. And I hope it doesn't scare you. You can get on and move up the se's, but you have to do the right work on and off the site to do this.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
    X