html code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• html code?

A weird request. I"ve searched everywhere. Where are my html pages from my Web site? I need to install a popover through Eweber and I've reached a brick wall to place it on my site. I'm to put a Java text onto the body of the html page. Can somebody help?
    M.J.Ming

Re: html code?

Open your page in BV. Click on View, Page HTML. You will see that there are "Start of Page", Between Head, Inside Body, etc. Click on the appropriate tag (as per instructions of your script) and paste the code in the window. Close the HTML window, save and publish.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi
      I tried the same method with some html but it did not work,I had to use the html icon down the left of the page,perhaps you could try the same with the java icon.
      Allanl
      http://www.gracie-mae.co.uk

Comment

Thankyou NAVELDESIGN your answer solved a devilish of a problem I've been having and so I created my first successful popover. A couple of problems for Aweber to answer. Why is it transparent and why did it land on a wrong page - but thanks heaps for your input.
        Regards.
        Mike
        M.J.Ming

Comment

Another related problem. How do I delete a mistake (wrong placement and also a doubling up) from my html page? If notepad is the answer how do I save the html in notepad? I'm at a lost here.
          M.J.Ming

Comment

Please explain what you mean by "doubling up" and wrong placement ? if you mean that you have that you have placed the code twice, just go back in the same HTML window where you pasted it, and delete it.

If you want to edit your added code, you can edit it either directly in the window where you have pasted it, or copy it, then paste it in Notepad and edit. To copy it, highlight the code text, right click, copy.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes you are correct about placing the Javascript "twice" on the html code. My problem now is I can't seem to be able to delete the code. I've highlighted the code bit pressing "DEL" won't work. Just what procedure do I use to paste onto Notepad, delete the extra and send the corredted html back?
              M.J.Ming

Comment

Hi Pippa here,

Maybe I am jumping the gun here a bit, but you should be able to
                use you FTP facility to replace the corrected file on your site.

I don't know if we can edit offline.

i.e. if I need to make changes to a page using my desktop html editor,
                or notepad, I should be able to do this offline.

Then FTP the edited file to my site?

Not sure, but throwing an idea your way.
                From The Warmth Of The African Sun,
                Pippa

The more precisely you plan,
                the harder your destiny will hit you.

http://y--e--s.com/?i=82542/

Comment

Originally posted by mjming_gainingconfidence@
                  Yes you are correct about placing the Javascript "twice" on the html code. My problem now is I can't seem to be able to delete the code. I've highlighted the code bit pressing "DEL" won't work. Just what procedure do I use to paste onto Notepad, delete the extra and send the corredted html back?
                  if you have placed the code in one of the page HTML tags, you need to click on that tag, and delete it in the lower window, not the upper one. The upper window is just a view window.

If you have placed your code in a HTML box, then you need to delete the whole html box.
                  In both cases, you can edit your code directly in these windows, you don't need to paste it in Notepad.

If you insist on editing it in Notepad: they have given you the code. This code is simply text, so they must have sent it to you by email or something. Select (highlight) the code text, right click with your mouse, and from the menu that opens, select "Copy". Now, open Notepad, click anywhre in the blank page, and then rig***lick. From the menu that opens, select "Paste" and the code will be pasted in Notepad. Remember to save with the name and extension required (i can't know what these can be)
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X