A general question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A general question...

Hi, I recently downloaded the EXCELLENT Bluevoda web building software, which is probably the most user friendly web program I have ever come across. However, I notice that I cannot publish finished web pages without a vodahost web hosting account (correct me if I am wrong on this). I have my own domain name, and webhost (with whom I am VERY dissapointed) so my question is, is there a way I can transfer this domain name over, and open a webhosting account with you instead, so I can use the Bluevoda program to both build and publish my web pages.

I also noticed that there may be some problems with payment regarding this, as I am only able to pay by either Visa Electron, or as a last resort, Paypal.

I would be grateful for any advice you could give.

Many thanks in advance.

-Jacob.

Re: A general question...

Visa and/or Paypal are OK.

Transfer: you may transfer your domain name to VH, after you have purchased a VH account, if your domain is unlocked and you result as the tecnical and administrative responsible (some registrars put themselves as admin responsibles). You are entitled to ONE free transfer when purchasing a VH account, by simply submitting a support ticket.

If your site is locked (either because it not at least 60 days old, or because your registrar for some reason, made this obligatory for you) you can simply point your DNS to VH and it is the same as transfering. On renewal, you will need to pay them ONLY for the domain renewal (unless you have transfered by then) and VH for the hosting renewal.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

My name is Henry.

Q1:Can I transfer a website to VodaHost
      before changing the registrars, just to
      move the website to VH and keep it
      going with little or no interruption?

Then do the registrar switch later?

Q2: Can I have a site hosted at VH, but
      have the domain registered somewhere else?

Thanks
      Henry

www.NoCostTraffic.com... 1000's of Leads Daily...FREE For Life
      www.InternetAutomatedMarketing.com... Internet Marketing System
      HenryLiwag@veretekk.com

Comment

You have to change the registrars to move the website. But if done correctly, this doesn't have to cause much, if any down time. And there are variables - like is the site itself able to be moved, or do you need to rebuild it? etc

Yes to #2 - just point the servers to VH
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi again, and thanks for the response, and information. I'm pretty sure my domain is unlocked, as I registered this myself, and do not remember specifying it to be locked etc.

A further question though, and you'll forgive my ignorance, but I have never done this before, how exactly, after I have purchsed a hosting account with you, do I transfer the domain?

Thanks in advance.

-Jacob.

Comment

To host your website with VH witout changing registrar:
            You can purchase a VH account, and simply point your DNS to your account, without changing registrar. This is the case of thousands of clients, who have national TLDs that cannot be moved outside their countries, as well as that of clients who have their domains locked.

So after you purchase your account and it is fully activated, you simply eneter your CP with your old registrar and change the DNS to point to the servers that VH will send you in your welcome mail. After a downtime of some hours, necessary for the DNS propagation, your website will show up as it is published in your VH account, so take the time during the downtime to publish your site in your VH account.

To transfer: with every VH account, you are entitled to ONE free domain transfer.All you have to do is click the below (After you join us) and put in a
            transfer request and we will take care of the rest.
            http://www.support.vodahost.com/inde...kets&_a=submit
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Domains Account

This is Henry.

Q1: why does my vodahost domains account show "0"
              domains in or hosted in the account when there
              should be 2?
              Main domain: www.MyCyberSphere.com
              add-on domain: www.CyberInterconnection.com

Q2: When I create an add-on domain, a sub-domain name is also
              created in the master domain. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Thx,
              henry
              Henry

www.NoCostTraffic.com... 1000's of Leads Daily...FREE For Life
              www.InternetAutomatedMarketing.com... Internet Marketing System
              HenryLiwag@veretekk.com

Comment

Q1. Take a look at your VBS VodaHost Billing Services account. The username and password are in your welcome mail.

Q2. Yes, a subdomain also is automatically created.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X