Help With New Page Asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With New Page Asap

hi..........BV says there are 11 of yu out there watching and listening, so I am hoping one of yu can answer my question asap. I am trying to add a new page to my site. "links"......I added it to my index (home page) menu and put a link back to home page from the new page. The new item shows up fine on indexpage with preview and the index page itself shows up fine..........but I can't seem to link one with the other.......I know I have left out a step and I can't remember what it is........
    HELPPPPPPPPPPP thx Mindy

Re: Help With New Page Asap

Give me the url you can put in to get the links page to show up fine on your browser, please.

Or -
    have you published the links page? Cuz the links won't work in preview - but will work live if you publish and have done them correctly.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth, I knew it would be u that came to my rescue. I have created a "Links" page. my site is www.bubbeesbeads.org and the links page is www.bubbeesbeads.org/links.html... I believe they are correct. Both pages got published and I added "Links" to my menu on home page. I put a "back to home" on links page. So.........homepage menu item "links" doesn;t work...........and published page "links"back to home not working.
      I have checked every comma, period, and letter and its all correct.
      I just feel that I have left out a step. From now on I will keep copies of all my pleas for assistance so I can refer back to them and not have to ask for help about the same issues.

Thanks Mindy

Comment

Minday.. the page bubbeesbeads.org/links.html doesn't seem to work.. you might want to check that the page name is correct, the location of that page should be in your public_html folder (according to the url you have on it).. please note that page names are 'case sensative'.

Comment

You have published your links page as "Links" with uppercase L. Correct either the link in your menubar, or save and publish the page as "links". The link from the "Links" page back to your homepage works perfectly.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you naval..........that WAS the problem, the upper case "L" and I never saw it............BUT>>>>>>>>>>>> now my menu list on index page will not accept any button style except original ones they show. hmmmmmmmmmmm it is a puzzlement...........thx Mindy

Comment

ok, on the links page - none of the anchor text works to the links - you have the html showing to get to the site if people want to cut and paste - you don't need that - you need to put that in the link so the text before it is a link.

And on the top, you don't want those entire lines to be clickable - just the anchor text (keywords) that are to be used to link to them.

I don't know why you can't change the buttons - hope someone else chimes in on that.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X