Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with meta tag title. Search results poor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with meta tag title. Search results poor.

Hi,

My site name is www.siroccos.net. My client ID is 10683. I own an italian restaurant in Ireland and have put all key words in meta tags on each "page properties". When I do a search with only the key word "siroccos", the site comes up straight away. if I search results for example in Google and "ireland only", there are no results shown. Also if I search siroccos restaurant, the seach does not show any results.

I am a complete novice at this, but have checked my vodahits account and it says that the TITLE does not contain restaurant. As far as I can see, every title I have put everywhere possible contains the word restaurant.

HELP

Paula

Re: Problem with meta tag title. Search results poor.

It takes a long time to come up organically in the searches for your terms BUT - you have not put a title at all on your home page - it simply says index. Those HAVE to be great titles that fit each page - not the same on them all.

Your home page has NO text - nothing for the se's to find or ever list you - so don't expect to move up the rankings any time soon. The entire home page is a picture - and it doesn't even have any alt tags.

Meta tags are meant to help se's - but they pretty much ignore the keyword meta - except to maybe consider penalizing spammers - And the rule is to not put anything in the meta keywords that isn't on the page. Since you have no text on your page, you really shouldn't have anything in those keywords.

I hope you're understanding this in the vein it's meant. If you want the se's to find you- you need to re-think the design of your site.

Then, adjust your title, meta key words and description - so each fits each page - do not just copy them all onto every page. Every page is different and should be treated as such.

By your message, I don't think you know what the title is - it is the title you give the page that shows up all the way at the top of the screen when you go onto your site - in the blue bar at the top. You have given each of your pages titles, but not that reflect the site or the pages to help you.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth,

Many thanks for that. I had misunderstood the tutorials on title. Am amending same and will re-publish. Would it take long for the se's to note changes or would I have to wait for site to be resubmitted?

Paula

Comment

I think that the search engines will pick you up by your meta tags. Also by the way you are writing your text. You want to insert certain important words in your text about your restaurant that the search engines will pickup on. Am I right Beth?
        www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Yes and no - some se's use some meta tags - but meta tags alone won't get you indexed or showing up on searches. The big se's don't use your meta keywords at all because of how they've been spammed so much - but MIGHT use the spamming to take points away from you. They do still look at the title tag and description and you'll find these often show up in search results when they do give you in their results.

Text on page and off - and links - especially the anchor text in links - will help,
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

BETH, please let us know when your downloadable
            e-book on search engine optimization will be available
            to purchase! I'm waiting.........................................!

Here is some advance cash: $$$
            Brad Arnold.......
            www.baldwincomusic.com
            www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
            !Free Search Engine Submission!
            Talking Avatar for your web site!
            Free sound editor
            Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

LOL... The number of posts the pair of us make on the same topics, we should! Actually people probably wouldnt BUY the book cuz we post so much for free! LOLOL

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Paula, you do show, here are several I found with Google and Ireland:
                http://www.ireland.ie/Result/Individ...stItemID=61975
                http://www.ireland.ie/Result/Individ...stItemID=61975
                http://www.irishtourist.com/details/siroccos.shtml
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Those are showing because of the links you have on other websites - which shows the power of linking! Keep up that good work.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

siroccos may i suggest something? your site is search engine friendly but you are missing robots this helps some search to help indexing your intire site google uses robots to help. place this into all your pages either in between body or inside body of your html your choice i use them and gogle has picked up 500 pages that includes my text links instead of buttons here is the robot... <meta name="robots" content="index,follow">

Wish you good fortune in near future.
                    jim
                    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Hi Bill,

Thanks for taking the time to look! Those results were there before I published the site, so I have linked to the Failte Ireland one thats has nice things to say about me!

Paula

Comment

Hi Beth,

I have just done another search and am gobsmacked to see my post on the forum coming up in the results. How and why ? I'm not sure I like just anybody knowing about my personal meta tag problems!

Paula

Comment

Hey Jim!

This is something new to me - and I really dont know anything about robots BUT I am going to do my homework and get back to you on that!

Paula

Comment

Jim, robots.txt has NOTHING to do with helping search the site and will NOT help with the se's. The purpose of that text is to give se's information if you do NOT want them to follow something. There is NO reason to add extra text on the page for them that is unnecessary. Now, if you have pages you don't want the se's to see - that text is necessary. Otherwise, they are going to follow all your links if the site is easy to navigate and load.

LOL Paula, but any public forum will be spidered by the se's. Believe me it's good - so don't worry about it. But don't post about things you're worried about anyone seeing :)
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                            X