Using Paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Paypal

I have a paypal account and want to use the shopping cart features on my site.
    For one of my sites, I will be offering basically one product but that product will have alot of "add ons" that the customer can purchase.
    My question is: when you use paypal, does it put the item or items into the shopping cart and allow the customer to continue shopping until they are ready to check out?
    Do you know if paypal charges for this other then their customary transaction fee?
    My second site will have multiple products for shopping.
    I just don't want the customer to pick a product, get directed to pay pal, then back to my site, pick a product.....
    I really like using the BV and don't want to use Soho.
    Can someone give me some input and guidance to the paypal option?
    Thanks,
    dee
    Digital Visual Memories
    Lasting Presentations
    MomsWeek

Re: Using Paypal

Hey Dee!

You have to go online on the PayPal website and click on Merchant Tools. Then you will have to pick what merchant service you would like to add your products to your website.

If you make a shopping cart, you will be given many html codes to add on and all they have to do is click on Add to cart for each product they want, once that is over, they click on Checkout then they get re-directed to the PayPal website, once payment goes through they get transfered back to your site (thank you page for example etc.)

There will be no fee unless you opened a business account.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thanks Jeremy. I found the place on paypal, but it automatically wants me to upgrade to a business account. It says it's free.... we'll see.

dee
      Digital Visual Memories
      Lasting Presentations
      MomsWeek

Comment

Hey!

It's free to have on your site, the only thing is if you have a business account you will be charged to send money, or they will take money from you everytime you make a profit.
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Yes to what Jeremy said. If you selling something, it is considered a business. Their rates are reasonable, I've done my homework in this area. I have heard, though, that if you get too many (?) charge backs they will freeze your accounts. This means people asking for refunds.
          www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

While you have small amounts of sales, paypal will be very good. As your sales grow, you would be better off with a merchant account, who will take less per transaction but will also have a small monthly fee. For businesses in the US, the companies I use have VERY good rates. (Unfortunatley, they don't work outside the US - although I believe they the gateway will work with Canada if the customer's bank has branches in both the US and Canada).
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X