Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Site Tracker

Hello
    I am interested in adding a counter or tracker, (not too sure what they are called). This is in order to see how many hits my site has generated. Is this in the B.V. package or can they be found somewhere else? Thanks kenb

Re: Web Site Tracker

Awstats in your control panel will do an excellent job for you. You go to cp, webstats, awstats. Easy.
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

it is fully included in your control panel.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thats great...
        I didn't know about this so I just tried to add the code from StatsCounter but it did not seem to work. I am sure that their service is fine but I would rather use anything being offered from B.V. Thanks kenb

Comment

Ken, I love the stats provided by our Control Panel - but statcounter provides additional information I also use. You can add it by right clicking on each page, then click on Page Html - then paste the code from Stat Counter into the space for "end of body". Now save and publish.

Do this with every page if you want to use stat counter - but PLEASE - use the invisible one!
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth, Great to hear from you again...
            For some reason I was unable to copy the html code to any file, so I printed the code and copied it manually.
            I set up an account with StatsCounter, saved and published my new index page with the new code as an invisible counter and allowed myself to be included in any web activity to my site but I am unable to see any results on their site for stats.
            One question...Will StatsCounter use any info for their own personal gain or is it kept secret? I would not appreciate any unwanted mail or ads to my customers from a statistics supplier or any affiliate.
            Beth since launching my site, I have been overwhelemed by the traffic resulting from the form. Many dealers across the country and abroad are asking for info, prices and delivery schedules. I didn't think that my site would be picked as fast as it was and I am now in a possition of delaying potential customers by personal e-mails. I do not want to turn anyone away or delay anyone but I simply don't have the shipping info for all of the inquiries as of yet. Any suggestions will be very helpfull. Beth if you could e-mail or skype me to talk on a more personal level I would love to hear what you have to say. Thanks kenb

Comment

Oh Yeah info@lightningcycles.ca

Comment

Stats counter doesn't use any of your stats for their gain.

Where did you put the code - and I'm real confused why you couldn't just copy and paste it..

I don't have skype, but do have yahoo and msn im's if you have either?

Good to hear that your site is getting hits like it is! Not bad to be in a position where business is more than you were prepared for - but I understand the consternation.

I still think you need to have pages with all that info for these potential buyers - even if it's password protected pages - to let them get it easily.

If you have either of the above (yahoo or msn IM) let me know and I'll use your email to contact you.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

One other question...
                  Is there a way that my personal viewing of my site can be excluded from the stat info. This would elliminate all the times I hit my site and be added to the stats?

Comment

Yes, you can exclude your site in stat counter - I don't remember just what you have to do - if you use a static ip to get there.
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

When I got to the code screen on the StatsCounter site, I highlighted the code in blue, right clicked, pasted, but nothing happened. Therefore I then printed the code and coppied it manually to the html code icon on the left side of the index web builder page.
                      If there is a more efficient way of doing this, I would like to know how.
                      Any updating or altering of my site has been delayed as I have been in Cuba for the last 10 days. I now realize that my site requires an area for the general public as well as dealers seperatly. This means another form and as you said (password protect).
                      Beth.. My phone service has free long distance anywhere in North America so if you can provide me with a # through e-mail I can call at your convinience. You have been the best resource of knowledge as far as marketing and site information goes and I really appreciate what you have given me in such a short time!!!t

Comment

it should have already been highlighted - but before you can paste - did you copy? And NO it doesn't go into the html box it HAS to go into the page html the way I said above and will repeat here:

You can add it by right clicking on each page, then click on Page Html - then paste the code from Stat Counter into the space for "end of body". Now save and publish.

Thanks for the kind words - will email you.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth< I will try that now. kenb

Comment

O.K. I just did exactly what you said and the whole opperation went smoothly. Now I just need a few visitors to hit my site and see the stats roll in. This was an area of the program that I was unaware of but again what a breeze, once you get through it the first time. I was simply looking on the wrong side of the screen. kenb

Comment

NP - and I emailed you -

That html box is great for adding to the page - but the code for stat counter and some other things - like some Google programs - goes in that same spot in page html.

Make sure you put the stat counter code on all pages.
                              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X