just got new laptop ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got new laptop ...

and I was wondering what I needed to do to get ALL of my bv things onto that laptop? The most important thing would be the bv BUILDER where I do all the major "work" and all --
    is there any way to go about doing this?? I can move all of my regular files but just don't know how to move the main builder --

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

KatieC

Re: just got new laptop ...

How about just downloading the builder onto the laptop as a new download - then moving the folders into it?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

That's what I thought .... I downloaded the builder, and now I just want to make sure it works like the other pc, so when I go to publish and all ... I just need to make sure that I have all the dns numbers correct on this pc right? I was so used to using it on the "home pc" as opposed to this laptop and it always saved/remembered my password so all I had to do was click "publish" and it had everything all set and just published, I wasn't sure if you could only "publish" from the original computer that the bv builder somehow read our IP address and was sort of a security feature or something that had our passwords/usernames and all matched up to that certain IP address.

..... but I gather that isn't the case? Once I transfer the files and start using them on my LAPTOP, is there anything I need to do as far as letting BV know?? I'm just worried that maybe my "assigned dns numbers" won't work on the new laptop because they were "assigned" in conjunction with my other pc.

If there's nothing I have to do with that, and the dns numbers and so on -then I guess I've done it already?? :) If not and there's something I need to do (ie: notify BV, change something in my control panel or settings, etc.), can you let me know what that might be??

Thanks again for your help --
      KatieC

Comment

You can use it from anywhere - you don't have to be on a specific computer.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X