Home page showing gibberish/text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home page showing gibberish/text

I have not been able to publish directly from my hard drive, but was able to upload my files through my control panel. Originally, only the directory appeared when I went to my URL. I went back and saved my index page with a .html, which I didn't realize I needed (I did realize I needed this on all of my other pages, and saved them that way from the beginning).

Anyway, now all that appears when I type in the URL is gibberish and the text that I placed on my page. If it's not already obvious, I'm new at this. I emailed Blue Voda for a phone number to get a live person on the other end to help talk me through this, but haven't heard back yet.

Domain: www.what-is-going-on.com

Thanks to anyone who could share his or her knowledge and help me out of this fix.

Re: Home page showing gibberish/text

What text did you use for the page?

And depending on how you saved the index page - you shouldn't have to put .html after the index page to publish - it will be added to it automatically.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I used the insert text button on the drop down list at the top of the BlueVoda application. Should I go back and save the index page as simply "index" as opposed to index.html, then upload?

Comment

I would try that.

What I meant by what text - was what was the text called? ariel, tahoma, etc? Is it a web friendly text?
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

When I take the .html off of the file name for the index page, the URL goes right to my directory and lists only my uploaded files. The font is Ariel, 10-point. Not sure if that is a friendly text or not.

Comment

OK, it is getting a little late and I need to get to work early tomorrow. Thank you very much for your help so far. I'll check in again tomorrow if I get some time. Thanks again, Beth.

Comment

In BV open your 'home' page, save it as index no extensions and no upper case. Then publish again. and then open your site. You may have to hit refresh F5 several times.

Every other page: save without the .html extension, BV will add it for you. Then publish.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
              X