X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandi

Sandra Jackson
    www.barbadosparadise.com

General question. I have a page called My Pictures. It is all scenery. I don't want to make the page any longer as it takes too long to load. I would like to add another page or two of different pictures, family, friends etc. Do I have to create seperate pages for these, and name them and link them the same way as the rest or is there a way I can put a button saying 'more pictures' or something like that, that you can click on to get to the next page so that I just have one title called My Pictures? Thanks, Sandi
    www.barbadosparadise.com

Re: Sandi

A bit of a complex question...
    Perhaps you should add another menu option on your index page in order to seperate the pics.
    If you were to seperate your photos on your Scenery page in different ellements you may see faster download times.
    I am no expert but with some help from the rest of B.V. , I am sure you will find the answer you are looking for.
    kenb

Comment

Sandi, it's not the length of the page that is causing the loading problem - what you need to do is optimize the pictures so that they don't cause a long time loading. The PIXresizer tool helps with that - or if you have a good photo program, you need to go there and optimize the pictures - no matter whether you put them on one or 20 pages.

You can also have your Pictures page - with a list of links to different pictures - or you could put ALL your pictures there in thumbnails (use the gallery feature) which will make fast downloading - and all those thumbnails in the gallery are then able to be clicked to see larger images. This actually might be the best solution. Give everyone all the pics and they can decide which ones they want to click on.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Bethers, that's what I have now. I have used the gallery and have all the photos as thumbnails which can enlarge to the 640x480 web size when opened. Perhaps I will just continue on that one page then. I though it wouldn't take so long to publish if they were on different pages but I think it was because I had 2 that were bmp and very large pixels. I have changed them and republished, which didn't take too long.
        Sandi
        www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

Working...
        X