Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site for selling

Hi guys

I have been asked to create another website which will be used to sell things. I was wondering how to do that and also what I have to do to make sure its safe for people to input credit card details and such. If there is a thread around about this that I have missed, I am really sorry. I have looked but at half one in the morning, its kind of hard to keep the brain going!

Thanks in advance

Teri

Re: Site for selling

Teri-

There are many ways to go about this. One is simply to use Paypal as the payment method. You create your site- and get buttons from Paypal that record the item and then at it to the shopping cart.

Or you could get an ssl certificate and create the shopping cart totally on your site. There are several on the board that do this already. Use this as a start, look up some other threads, and go to paypals site as they do a good job of explaining how to set it up. If you have questions after that- post back and you will get ample assistance.

Cheers

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

You can find information on what you are looking for
      in the 'Soholaunch' section of the vodatalk home page.
      Just scroll down to 'Soholaunch'- general issues and
      there is lots of help. It's also called 'shopping cart'.
      Brad Arnold.......
      www.baldwincomusic.com
      www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
      !Free Search Engine Submission!
      Talking Avatar for your web site!
      Free sound editor
      Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Excellent. Thank you both for great responses!
        Teri

Comment

Teri,
          You need to know what you want from a shopping cart - because there are many options. Soho, OSCommerce, ZenCart and CubeCart are shopping cart templates available right from your cpanel.

You can use shopping carts that you put the buttons on your site (like mine) and then can build entirely in BV.

For either method - it depends on how your customers are going to pay as to whether or not you need an SSL and dedicated IP. If you are going to use a merchant account and one of the first options - you'll have to have the SSL. If your customers are going to go to paypal (or you are using an option like Cart Manager) you don't need the SSL - as the customer leaves your site to pay - and is doing so on their SSL (secured lines). With cart manager I can use paypal or a merchant account - but my customers are paying on the Cart Manager secured site.

Hope I haven't confused you - but it's your decision how you want your store to look and which way you want to go.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth,

Thank you for answering :) I have taken a look at your sites which are really superb! I have also spoken to my brother in law (Whom I am making the site for) and he wants to use Cart Manager. He had signed up for the 14 day trial and we are going to do some tests to see how it goes. One thing though, once you have entered the mailing address (contact Informatoin) Can you change it or will it have to stay like that?

Thank you once again for all your responses. Really appreciate the help! This website has to be done within a week! Talk about pressure!!
            Teri

Comment

You can make changes to your mailing address. You can change just about everything. If you have any questions or need any help with it - feel free to email me - use any email for me on any of my sites - I'll get it.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Excellent! Thank you so much! What Im going to do is mess around with the trial on another website I built. Just to getto grips with it!
                Thank you once again!
                Teri

Comment

Working...
                X