Getting a 500 message on a redirect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a 500 message on a redirect

Hi, I have tried to do a 301 redirect using .htaccess file but I get a 500 error message. The file was placed in the folder of the addon domain.

Any body know what is happening?

Dominique
    The womens website that men love to read
    www.yourpower2be.com

Learn to look younger www.facialwizard.com

Re: Getting a 500 message on a redirect

Please look at your other post. If you wish use myform to send me your loggin detals, and i'll have a look for you.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Also, it would be helpful if you incleded the domain name!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, thankyou for your swift replies, I have removed the offending file but I will go in and upload it again.

I am trying to move www.facialwizard.com to www.facialwizard.yourpower2be.com

Many thanks for your help.

Dominique
        www.yourpower2be.com

Comment

The domain is redirected properly now. However, you are redirecting to the subdomain the domain name is stored on, this is causing an endless redirect loop, and you get another error.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Dominique, as i had suggested in post #2 in http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/dom...redirects.html (without knowing that you had done it already) you have set as default folder for your www.facialwizard.com the folder facialwizard, within the same account. No redirection is required in this case. Everything will work ok. Delete the redirection, as it creates, as Sarah says above, a continous loop.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

That is what I need to do. my site is made up of subdomains on the main www.yourpower2be.com site, so I have www.facialwizard.yourpower2be.com

Hower to protect the facialwizard name, I bought the domain and did it as and add on domain. My problem is that the site appears in SEs whether you put in www.facialwizard.com or wwwfacialwizard.yourpower2be.com which is classed as a duplicate content. I need to do a permanent 301 redirect on www.facialwizard so that it points to www.facialwizard.yourpower2be.com

Is there any other way of doing this?

I am down to my last few s****s of hair left in my head, perhaps someone could reccomend a good wig supplier as well.

Dominique
              www.yourpower2be.com

Comment

Then you need to delete the www.facialwizard from your CP as addon, then add it again but during the procedure define another folder name (not facialwizard, but, f.e. facial), then add the htaccess file in that new folder. However, i'm not sure how SE see the content of your site: why do you say it is counted as duplicate content? I don't think so. But, i'm no expert on how SE analyze sites.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Grazie tante, just to make it entirely clear to my dumb self, if I delete the addon it will not delete the facialwizard folder as well. I am sorry to check but I seem to remember being told that the folder would disappear as well. I have been trying to resolve this issue for a long while.

Regards Dominique
                  www.yourpower2be.com

Comment

From what i know, the folder will not be deleted. However, making a backup of all the folder content would put you on the safe side.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

OK, I will go and do it, many thanks Dominique
                      www.yourpower2be.com

Comment

I just deleted one of my addons, just to check it, and it DID NOT delete the folder. However, as said, a backup will put you on the safe side.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

I have tried with another site that also need the same and both the addon domain and subdomain have disappeared from the web. I deleted the addon (healthwizard) and then created it again using hwiz as the directory, put the .htaccess file in the hwiz folder, but now neither healthwizard or healthwizard.yourpower2be.com appears in the browser.

If I do a restore from my backup it will not restore the addon domain as that has now been deleted from the server.

What can I do ?

Dominique
                          www.yourpower2be.com

Comment

HI, panic over, gone and created a new sub domain and it seems to work OK.
                            That was a very scary moment.

Thank you everyone for your patience and assistance.

Dominique. Going off for a large brandy !!!
                            www.yourpower2be.com

Comment

I can perfectly see http://www.healthwizard.yourpower2be.com
                              however, http://www.healthwizard.com is another site (i suppose it is not yours) so please post here the full domain name of www.healthwizard.??? so i can check it.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X