2 different domains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 different domains

I have saved my second domain as: publiclove.html (for my love-chef.com site) as it doesn't allow me to save it as a public.html as the first domain (sales-training-dubai.com) is in there. But the publiclove.html does not get accepted and it says error 550.

I guess it has to be public_html. but because that one is already gone for my first site I cannot use it as the system does not allow me to have two public_html folders.

Can someone inform me how to save my pages for love-chef.com in a folder different than the public_html?

Re: 2 different domains

Add a new folder for the new site - save the pages into the new folder.

To publish, when you click on publish the box comes up and will save
    public_html
    you need to change this to
    public_html/newdomainname
    then click to publish.

Whenever you publish, you'll have to make sure you have that right - the original domain will never need the /newdomainname (that being whatver YOUR new domain name is) - but all others will.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you Beth.

However, I did this but the system does not allow me to put / in there. It says it is not allowed.

This is why I am so frustrated!

Would you have any other suggestion. Or, perhaps I am doing something else wrong.

Comment

If i may: your new site must be added in your VH account as addon domain. During this procedure, your CP will automatically create the necessary new folder, named after your new domain name.

This folder, is, for the second domain, what public_html is for your main domain. So you need to publish in that folder, as Beth suggested, and of course, your first page must be saved (and published) as "index"

You also need to create a new folder, inside your BV folder, on your own computer and save the new pages in there, so they will not get mixed up with the main site pages.

Another tip: in order to avoid publishing in the wrong place (main site pages in the new domain space and vice versa) i suggest that you follow the Publishing in a Subdomain or Subfolder instructions

If you get an error message, check HOW the new domain folder is actually named: sometimes, with domain names containing symbols, CP will fail to name the folder excactly as the domain name.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I forgot the step about adding the add-on domain :( - Thanks Naval. Glad you have my back.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth!
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sometimes my finger goes faster than my thought process!
              I am also learning to pay close attention to that publish destination
              box after sending the wrong index page to the wrong folder!

I'm still deleting files!
              Brad Arnold.......
              www.baldwincomusic.com
              www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
              !Free Search Engine Submission!
              Talking Avatar for your web site!
              Free sound editor
              Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Working...
              X