Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papypal Buttons Or Bust!

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to find my former post re: adding Paypal to my website for customer payments, so I shall try again here. I followed directions given by Paypal for Paypal Websites Standard in order to put "add to cart" buttons on all my (apx. 100 ) items for sale. Everything worked fine, inputting code, item number, price...but then instrux said to cut and paste html code onto my website page. Welll, that won't work for some reason. I can copy the code onto a blank word processor doc but NOT to my website. Anyone else with this problem? Anyone with a solution to this problem?

Also- does anyone know how to add shipping charges at the END? Or should I just put in shipping charges for each and every item..that seems odd, like it would show up very strange to have so many shipping charges a customer sees on an invoice should he/she purchase multiple items.

And last- I only need to collect tax if a customer is in Florida. How do I get THIS input with the Paypal integration?

Thanks very much for your assistance...once again ! I'm sooo ready to publish my retail pages, but just have to get that payment setup programmed in!

Lisa
    colourtherapyspa.com

Re: Papypal Buttons Or Bust!

How are you pasting? Are you trying to do it via text or opening an HTML box?

I believe that the proper method would be to open an HTML box and paste it in there.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Do not use the encrypted PayPal button.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok two answers, first, Andy you suggest opening an html box and pasting there. How would I do that?

And Vodahost...what do you mean don't use the encrypted Paypal button? Mean don't use Paypal or one particular of their buttons?

Thanks
        Lisa

Comment

Lisa,
          You need to take the code generated by paypal - and because it is written in html - now you need to copy it into an html box. The html icon on BV is the top of the left row of buttons. Put it where you want the code - then double click on it and paste the code generated by paypal inside.

Preview the page and make sure the html box is the correct size and see how it looks.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Leeza
            And Vodahost...what do you mean don't use the encrypted Paypal button? Mean don't use Paypal or one particular of their buttons?
            VH General suggested that you should not use the encrypted Paypal code. When you go on the PayPal site to create your buttons, they have an option for clear (readable) code, and one for an encrypted (non readable) code. The encrypted one, some times causes problems in the page.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
              Lisa,
              You need to take the code generated by paypal - and because it is written in html - now you need to copy it into an html box. The html icon on BV is the top of the left row of buttons. Put it where you want the code - then double click on it and paste the code generated by paypal inside.

Preview the page and make sure the html box is the correct size and see how it looks.
              Hey

Comment

Lisa,

Hi Beth,
                (Thanks to all for your replies but Beth I think you might be onto what I'm needing help with most, lucky you). I FINALLY got a paypal "add to cart" button posted to one of my web pages. Thrilled as I am, I'm trying to figure out how to do the other 999 buttons I need. In Paypal it suggest I somehow save the html, but I can't figure out how to do that to BV once I put the html code in that html box.

My thinking is that I must
                a) somehow save the first html code that I copied/pasted
                b) somehow pull it up from BV to edit (and to edit, just remove and replace stock #s, item descript..)
                c) put the new "add to cart" code in the proper place.

Can you struggle thru this with me? I feel confident that if I do it a few times I can do it forever, like riding a horse..but need to get out of the starting gate first!

Also- I really wonder what I should do about shipping and sales tax. I hesitate to add that into each item should it show up in the cart at checkout individually....and what if someone wants to buy a bunch of things? I'd need to find out how much shipping would be first, I'd think. Any ideas on this?

And I'm in Florida, so just FL buyers would be taxed. I noticed your website and wonder how you handle that.
                Any and all help will be SOOO appreciated!!!

Thanks
                Lisa

Comment

If you need 999 paypal buy now buttons, you would be much better off using one of our many shopping carts that come with your account.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Actually - it won't be hard to change the buttons - and entering all the products into another store builder at this point and tweaking would take even longer.

However - you can copy and paste the html box you created to every product - use the copy icon on the top of the bv screen - then paste the box onto the page.

For all your items, I really suggest that you take the code and save it in notepad. Then open notepad, make the revisions for the next item, copy and paste that into the html box for the next product.

This way you won't be worried about copying and pasting the box with the wrong code.

You can also take your saved code from notepad and enter it into the following online text editor: http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit....=tryhtml_links - put it into the right and click on the edit the text box and you'll see the results - just work on changing the buttons in there and always checking them.

Just a fyi, no matter what way you go - when you are done and publish - you need to add one of every product to your cart and make sure it adds correctly. Very important -
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
                      If you need 999 paypal buy now buttons, you would be much better off using one of our many shopping carts that come with your account.
                      well I know I want to use Paypal..and I don't really have 999, but maybe will have 300 before the year is out. What would you suggest as far as a shopping cart? Can I just follow along as Beth has recommended in putting in my html paypal codes alongside each of my items or does this change the whole integration process of Paypal?

All help is always greatly appreciated, hope you all know that!

Lisa
                      colourtherapyspa.com (no retail pages have been published yet)

Comment

Lisa, I don't use paypal, but use the same method for my shopping cart - and between all my stores, I do have over 1000 buttons. All my stores have come off sites that were propogated by shopping carts. Doing it this way isn't taking any longer than that did - as there are other things that need to be done to use those methods.

Do what's comfortable for you. And if you start doing this and get the hang of it - as you add products, it's no different than keying in a description - you also add the button - and move on to the next!
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Lisa, I don't use paypal, but use the same method for my shopping cart - and between all my stores, I do have over 1000 buttons. All my stores have come off sites that were propogated by shopping carts. Doing it this way isn't taking any longer than that did - as there are other things that need to be done to use those methods.

Do what's comfortable for you. And if you start doing this and get the hang of it - as you add products, it's no different than keying in a description - you also add the button - and move on to the next!
                          well I started without a cart...so are you saying there's really no need to change to a cart now? or I could just use Paypals cart, it's free I think. If it's not a big difference, wouldn't ya leave well enuf alone?

And wow 1000 items- you must be doing great! Congrats on that, I sure hope my biz takes off!

Lisa

Comment

If you like the looks of your store now - it could take you weeks to rebuild it using a cart - or even adding a cart to the back-end. Some of them are easier to configure than others. If you are comfortable adding this code - just go ahead with it. Down the road if you ever want to change - you always can.

I'm doing ok - and hopefully will continue to grow my stores.
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

ok, well I think I've really messed myself up (is what I get for getting nosy!) Paypal said I need an SSL if I want to use my header (logo) and suggested I use a MAL-E shopping cart. So... I opened acct. at MAL -E and input all sorts of info and can find no trace of my input anywhere, esp. anywhere on my site, for starters. I'd like to just CANCEL the MAL-E but don't know how.

Then would like to use my little copy/paste function Beth you gave to me and send a ticket to BV to put my logo behind an SSL and be done with it, knowing I can get fancy later. Think this reversal can be done?

AND- how do you handle shipping and taxes? I AM really stuck (confused) on that issue. I feel I should put shipping cost into each item description. But then is the cart going to show each and every shipping charge and not a "total shipping charge?"

As for taxes, I believe I only need to tax FL residents, where I live. Anyone know how to go about conquering this?

Merci, talk with you tomorrow, as it's late and I'm tireeeeeeed. I thank you for all your help!!! Have a good night, all.

Leeza

Comment

Working...
                              X