my forum -- want to password protect it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my forum -- want to password protect it

I watched the video on it but when I go into password protect directories there is no folder there called fourm, how do I find out where I put it?

Also I saved some pages that I want to publish in a folder called protected folders in my blue volda folder, and again when I look for that folder to password protect it, it is not there. I do have docs, images, teplates and other folders in there. How do I get that folder to show up when I pull up the password protect directioies?

TIA

Re: my forum -- want to password protect it

It's pretty simple....and it may seem easy to overlook the logic at first, but here goes:

1. You have a domain name/account called mysite.com, and you want to have a Forum that will be password protected;
    2. Go to mysite.com cPanel at VodaHost, and then to Fantastico!;
    3. Click on phpBB (to the left) and then "New Installation";
    4. The 2nd box where it asks where to install, simply type in "secureforum": finish all installation cues;
    5. Back at the Control Panel Homepage, go to Password Protect Directories;
    6. This is where you will see the entire listings of you account, and the "directories" that you can indicate for password protection - click on the directory named "secureforum" and complete all the cues >> be sure to click on "go Back" once you've protected that directory, and immediately create your own User Name and Password....you need to be able to access this directory, right?

You will now have a Password Protected Forum. You will need to Logon yourself to get to the Forum, and then logon TO the Forum to begin administrating/configuring it accordingly. (you will logon to the forum 2 times: once as already set up, and the second to authenticate/confirm, so don't be worried).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Silly me....had I read your initial question carefully I would have noticed that I should have instructed you to FIRST REMOVE YOUR PRIOR INSTALLATION of the forum, as you have obviously installed it directly into your "public_html/" account directory....it IS what you see when you visit your "site" rather than your "webpage," right?
      (If you have previously published an "index" page in BV or other means, your forum "index" and your page "index" are conflicting, and that is why you might see an error page)

This will serve to remind me to slow down, and reply with definitive specifictivity in the future....Sorry!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

OK I will remove it and start over with the forum. Thanks

and what about my regular pages? I have a folder called protected but it doesn't show up when I look in password protected directories.

Comment

Working...
        X