Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! When does my domain name become active?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! When does my domain name become active?

Okay, I'm just stupid, so now that we've gotten that over with....

I signed up for an account and received my login email with all the stuff and upteen zillion links, etc. on Oct. 13, and I've viewed (I think!) all the tutorials, but I can't find how long it takes for my domain name (www.rockycreekgems.com) to become active and my page becomes "live".

I have (theoretically) uploaded my index page successfully, but everytime I try to see if it's "up and running" live I get the standard "Page cannot be Displayed" message.

So what totally obvious step (that I obviously haven't figured out!) have I left out, not done, etc. etc.?

THANKS a bunch for any and all help. I'll now go a search for a paper bag to put over my head!!!
    LindaSue

Re: Help! When does my domain name become active?

Hi, LindaSue.

Your domain should be active within 24 hours or so of you signing up. There a few things we need to check in order to ascertain what's happening here, so bare with me/us.

1. Have you pointed your name servers (if necessary)? If not then please view the DNS tutorial. You'll find the one you need here: http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/vd/2.htm
    2. It may sound silly, but are you sure that that's the correct domain name/spelling and suffix?
    3. What did you call your index page? It sould be called simply index then published.

Let us know how you get on.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Amanda! As I said previously...I'm stupid! Turns out what was perfectly clear and obvious to someonw who knows what they're doing WASN'T clear and obvious to someone who doesn't (me!) When I signed up I choose Option B "I own the domain" thinking that meant "DIBS! It's MINE!" Not so! So I'm up and crawling.

Now, unfortunately in the meantime I have established more than one account on the VodaHostDomains site trying to get the DNS name server to point to the right spot so I can get email going. The login and password that came with my initial registration doesn't work!

Got any other good advice for me?
      Thanks!
      --LindaSue

Comment

LindaSue,
        Download BV again, the IP should now show and your user ID and password will work.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
        X