Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandi

E-Mail problem.
    Can anyone tell me why when I go on to my web page from my home computer and click on my e-mail contact info, I can send a test message and I receive it in Outlook no problem. I have set up my Outlook and my CPanel. I have also received the message from Outlook that my POP3 account settings are fine. The problem comes up when I try to send a test message from another computer. I am not receiving them. Friends have also gone on to my site and tried to send from the contact page and I have not received them either. I have gone over and over the Tutorials and I'm sure I'm just missing some little thing. Help please!
    www.barbadosparadise.com

Re: Sandi

You have set up Outlook as your default for sending and receiving emails.
    I just sent you an email. Have you checked www.yourdomain.com/webmail?
    Did you reboot your pc after making the changes?
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

If you can send and receive messages from yourself to yourself, there should be no issue. Probably those other people mails have finished in the spam or junk folder. However, since sending email from your VH account to the same, is an internal function, you cannot have the certainty that it works perfectly. So i suggest that if you also have a non VH email account (with Yahoo, hotmail, gmail or other) try sending a message to your VH email address from these other accounts and see if you receive them.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Bill, I haven't gotten your e-mail and I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean. Should I not have outlook as my default? My regular e-mail, sandijackson@caribsurf.com is there as well. I went to barbadosparadise.com/webmail but only got a screen telling me about aged mail. Sorry, this is all Greek to me and I don't understand how to check in the control panel. I have sent a test from my hotmail acct but haven't received it yet. Should I put my caribsurf e-mail on my page as well???
        Thanks for any help you can give.
        Sandi
        www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

Hi Bill, I have gone and changed my e-mail contact to my caribsurf account until I can get this resolved. I will send tests from work tomorrow, but the ones from here at home have come through fine, including hotmail. I still haven't gotten the test I sent to littleparadise from hotmail. This is a mystery to me!!! Sandi
          www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

Hi again, we really have to stop meeting like this! I managed to figure out webmail in cpanel, although initially it said there was some error, but I checked the mail folder and there is nothing in it. What next???
            www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

Hi again, I think I have the problem resolved. I went into Outlook and changed my outgoing mail to caribsurf. If you get this message, pls send me one from both the contact e-mails on my webpage, just to be sure everything is OK.
              2nd question, how do you get your picture to show?? I have downloaded and can see it in my profile but don't know how to link it to the threads. Thanks, Sandi
              www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

Check your mail.
                By the way, the contact page is lacking a title.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra Jackson
                  Hi again, I think I have the problem resolved. I went into Outlook and changed my outgoing mail to caribsurf. If you get this message, pls send me one from both the contact e-mails on my webpage, just to be sure everything is OK.
                  2nd question, how do you get your picture to show?? I have downloaded and can see it in my profile but don't know how to link it to the threads. Thanks, Sandi
                  You need to place it in your Avatar. Go in your CP (for this forum, not your site) and click on Edit Avatar. Upload it from your computer.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Why is she allowed to talk about email in this forum?
                    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Originally posted by scubadiver
                      Why is she allowed to talk about email in this forum?
                      This is the "General Support" forum, and it is acceptable, although more "focused" support might have been available in the Email Forum!

(and with only 30 or so posts, it might be her familiarity with VodaTalk might not be as strong as some others.....we are happy to help our peers as we are able, right?)
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Scubadiver, I Came To This Forum Because I Posted Under E-mail Forum Days Ago And No One Replied To Help Me Although 13 People Viewed The Message. Sorry If I Have Offended You But I Am Very New And Very Frustrated Over This E-mail Problem. I Will Make Sure It Doesn't Happen Again. Thanks To The Rest For All Your Help.
                        Sandi
                        www.barbadosparadise.com

Comment

Working...
                        X