Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back button issue

I have a page, we will call it mypage.html

it is loaded with code, not all mine, so i am kinda fishing here, but....

the page will go back to the previous page by clicking back in firefox, however it will not go back in internet explorer 6.0 or 7.0.

is this done with javascript, frames, meta tags, or cookies.....i need to know where to look to attempt to solve the problem

any assistance would be appreciated.

thanks

Re: back button issue

Did you hit refresh on your IE6?
    If you have published that page, might help if we can see it.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi, are you using BV? As it has back & forward buttons built into the software under advance buttons.

Chris.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

At Mississippi State University, we are a world-class research institution. We think inclusively and beyond the boundaries to encourage boldness, imagination and creativity, and enable our students to discover solutions to problems that face our world.

click oncampus link and attempt to go back after that

could be a mod that we have on the page...not sure tho

maybe someone else has had this before....but we are pretty sure it isnt a mod or our portal specific since FF goes back

thanks for any assistance

Comment

Ok, I see it, it loops back to same page only in IE6
          I have to defer to the more knowledgeable guys here.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Try hitting Alt+TAB and see what happens.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Your problem is more than normal. Your back button WORKS, but when you go from the main page to the campus page, it actually goes through 3 pages because of the login script in your page.

Click "back" 3 times, fast (otherwise the ligin script has the time to take you again to it's page) and you will see that you get back to the main page.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks for all the feedback...

yes, there are three documents that load to this page, some of the info is pulled xml....and my guess was that IE did not know which of the three documents to reload so it didnt go back....

i did manage to find a way around this yesterday, we placed the page inside a frame with another hidden frame, this seemed to work as it would reload the main frame instead....

i appreciate all the help again thanks

Comment

Not working yet.
                  When you click the browser's back button a small windows pops up very quickly and closes. http://oncampus.msstate.edu/cp/home/check/pre
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

yeah it has not been posted to our production server yet....it works fine on our test server, but it might take a while to get it approved to place on prod....

we just needed some feedback as to the cause of the problem

thanks

Comment

The cause is that you go through 3 pages. The first campus page is calling the login page, which then calls another page yet. If you click once on Back, it goes to the secong page, which loops back to the third. If you press Back 3 times it goes straight back to the main page.
                      Navaldesign
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

so aside from a frameset....is there a work around for this that you would know of, say in javascript or something

Comment

Place a back button directly in the page. This is the code:

<FORM>
                          <input type="button" class="but" value="< BACK " onclick=history.go(-3)>
                          </FORM>

I beleive -3 is the correct value, however, you can test it to dee if it needs to be -2.

Place this code in a html box in your page, than move it around to the position you like it.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                          X