active x popsup please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• active x popsup please help

i understand that while in preview you get activeX but after publishing a month ago it was not there all was ok now i get a popup click to install activeX for this site and i have no activeX on any of my pages i went to lower my setting but no go still there will i have to delete entire site and start all over again to get it off my site?
    thanks
    jim
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Re: active x popsup please help

I'm not getting it on your home page - went to check other pages, but they all open in new windows so I closed out - I don't do new windows on internal pages on sites.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

strange that shouldn't happen the only thing that should be opening up to other browser is the links part and lobby, para chat,photos, mini mall, g.h. bible. with exception to links to us that shouldn't go away from my page.
      "Jim"

Comment

Jim,
        I do not know what it is about your page, every time I try to open it, it seems to take forever even on high speed broadband. And when it does semi-open, it casues IE6 to stop fucntioning. BTW, only happens with your site.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Okay, the gh bilble opens in a new page - first link in your navigation - and that would stop me from going further. I do not believe in any navigation links opening in new pages.

The 2nd link in your navigation opens in a new page

The 3rd link in your navigation would open in the same page, but is getting a 404 error - webpage cannot be found.

4th link same error

5th link same error

6th - mini mall - opens in new page.

Now I could see the reason for this - as it goes to another site - but the feel of the other site and the products - don't make me see a connection to your site? I'd rather you have this 6th link to a page on your site - which explains your mini mall - and then has a link to it on that page - so people know what they're going to. Just a suggestion.

I then tried your investigations link, sponsors link and link to us link -and got the errors on those also.

Are most of these pages not up yet? And most of the ones up - I got in new windows.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

I cannot view the 4 little animations crawling around the screen, just
            has red x. I wonder if that animation is slowing things down?
            Brad Arnold.......
            www.baldwincomusic.com
            www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
            !Free Search Engine Submission!
            Talking Avatar for your web site!
            Free sound editor
            Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

The ActiveX is ether the fog script or the balls
              If you have had the activex popup in preveiw for sometime this may not work. and you will have find fix or download the activex windows update messed up.
              First do a system restore to a date you did not have the activex popup then click start, click Control Panel, click Security Centre, in the window that opens under Manage Security Settings For.....
              Click click Automatic Updates, in the popup that appears click the Notify me but don't automatically download or install them. click Apply then OK.

This now stops window Automatically downloading updates without asking you first, you will get a yellow crest and a small bubble appear in the bottom right corner every time window has updates if you click on the bubble you can check the updates and download if you wish. be carefully as windows has a reputation for fixing one thing and messing up another, it was one of the updates that messed up your activex controls on your computer.

Comment

dame double clicked sorry

Comment

If you go to : http://www.webscale.com/cgi-bin/timer.dll?Mode=Timer

and enter your site address, It comes up with an error when loading
                  Brad Arnold.......
                  www.baldwincomusic.com
                  www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
                  !Free Search Engine Submission!
                  Talking Avatar for your web site!
                  Free sound editor
                  Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

thanks brad heres the out come i reformatted and redone everything , should work ok now, i dont even get the box on each page, theres are links that stays within my site home, evp's, merchandise, links to us, investigations, contact us, banner links. all others will open in new browser including G.H. Bible new browser, but heres the info after redoing and reformatting...

10/26/2006 14:41:18 MST
                    Page status 200:OK
                    Redirected 0 time(s)
                    Retrieved URL was http://www.naghosthunters.com
                    28450 bytes (28k) (27.78k)
                    0.0469ms to connect
                    0.1562ms to transfer (1422.95Kb/sec)

and heres the timing...

Speed (bps)DescriptionTransfer Time14400V.32 (14.4k) Modem1103.7401 seconds28800V.34 (28.8k) Modem552.1981 seconds57600V.92 (56k) Modem276.4272 seconds131072ISDN (Dual Channel)121.8446 seconds384000DSL42.0218 seconds786000Cable Modem20.8654 seconds1544000T-1/DS-110.9440 seconds

but i will look into the broken parts says 2 components and 3 images got to look for it and repair it as well.
                    "Jim"

Comment

oh and thanks for heads up all thank you Brad, Bethers, Bill, and Aliens try it now see what happens.
                      thanks
                      jim
                      "Jim"

Comment

Just a fyi - I like your site - but as soon as I'd click on buttons in the nav bar that would take me off into a new window - I'd leave and never come back. Just as people on this forum are adamant about page size - that's a deal breaker for me and others. I understand why some pages do that- but it is something you should consider as I said above.

For an example, take a look at my Moxie Enterprises website - then go to the Web Partners page. This page now takes people to the pages off my site. In your case, I'd keep links to specific pages - like your link for the page to go shopping- but now optimize that page for your store and send people to it from that page. It would help you with se's and your visitors would know where they are going which is always a good thing.

Just a suggestion.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I had the same problem. Its was cured when I upgraded media player to version 11.

Comment

Working...
                          X