Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colors showing differently than in preview

Hello,

Having a minor issue with colors showing up correctly. I am creating a website for my oil painting business. I use the same template for the boy and girl product pages, but use different colors-blue for boys, yellow for girls. When I preview the pages individually, the colors are fine--the boys' page shows blue bars, the girls page shows yellow. If I open the homepage and click on the link to the product detail page, the colors on the product page are different. For example, if I click on the boy page, the colors are yellow instead of blue. I hope I am explaining this clearly enough! Please, let me know if you need a clearer explanation. What could be causing that?

Thanks, Jen

Do the images of the girl and boy pages have the same name and/or size?
    If they have the same names and ize, BlueVoda can not determine the difference and probably will use the wrong images.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Is that a bug, or is there something I can do so that the colors show up as I set them?

Thanks!

Comment

It's not a bug, you cannot have two files with the same name in one folder. So if two different files have the same name you have to rename one of them (or both).

So let's say the images are called: backgrnd.gif
        You can rename them to:
        backgrnd_girl.gif
        and
        backgrnd_boy.gif
        Forum Moderator
        BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

It's not the images I am having the problem with--they all show up fine, thankfully! It's the shapes that I am having a problem with; for example:
          • on the boys page, I have a blue rectangle that says Artwork for Boys
          • on the girls page, the rectangle is in the same place, because it is the same template as the boys, but it is yellow and says Artwork for Girls
          • From my homepage, I open the Girls artwork page and instead of the rectangle being yellow, it is now blue.
          Is this fixable? I really appreciate your help on this.

Comment

Ok, I see. you can fix this like this:
            1. On the girls page select the yellow rectangle.
            2. Click Cut from the Edit Menu.
            3. Click Paste and move the rectangle back where it was.
            When you publish both pages again your problem should be gone.

Pablo
            Forum Moderator
            BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

That worked--thanks for your help Pablo! It is also very strange--if you get a chance, what's the reasoning behind it?

Comment

Hey Jennifer

Reading what you went through, it seems you had a layering problem. Did you use the same exact template for the boy and girl?
                Bluevoda Website
                www.bluevodaxtra.com

Comment

Here's the reason:
                  Bluevoda keeps an internal counter to make sure every image which is created dynamically by BlueVoda (like shapes, navigationbars etc) has an unique name. Because all images are saved to the same folder Bluevoda does all lot of 'housekeeping' to prevent the user from having to rename all the images themselves.
                  Saving a document as template makes a 'snapshot' of the document including these unique image numbers, so if you change the properties of some of the elements of that template afterwards the numbers are still the same but the generated image looks different and thats where it is going wrong.

Cut/paste will give objects a new unique number.
                  Forum Moderator
                  BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Thanks Pablo! It seemed to work yesterday, but I am still having the same issue. And yes, in answer to your question etower, I used the exact same template for the boy and girl pages. Is there something I need to do with the layering?

Comment

Working...
                    X