RunTime Error! (In IE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunTime Error! (In IE)

I am experiencing a new dilemma....specifically, when using IE6 dialog boxes constantly pop up with "Run Time Error!" and the querry if I want to debug or not.....

Mostly the messages say there is a "Line Error" (in lines, 2, 110, 111, 112, or 222) and "object expected."

Is this a fault in IE or Javascript, or an ActiveX control (neither of which I feel capable of dealing with)??

Would this also contribute to why my Outlook "cannot connect to the server" or "connection to server interrupted" for the same time frame as this?

Besides running it to the Geek Squad to upgrade RAM (got a virtual memory too low message), is this fixable without upgrading Office, as it affects IE in my XP-Pro as well?????

Thanks!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Re: RunTime Error! (In IE)

Hi Vasili, is this happening on a particular site or anywhere ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Probably because you need to upgrade to IE 7.0, and this update will also fix outlook proly....

http://www.microsoft.com/

Comment

It all began after downloading/purchasing *****'s suggested Internet Downlaod manager.....IE6 running VERY slow, and Outlook can't connect at all. Keeps saying connection to server interrupted.

Did all the virus/adware scans + removals, wiped windows (hated to do it, don't like to re-load all the passwords, you know?), even got a hold of my satellite guys......it is frustrating to say the least.

** And no, I'm NOT going IE7, as a matter of fact, I wonder if some "updates" somehow snuck in some tweaks to "prepare" for IE7 or even Vista....

Makes me think to upgrade RAM (after this started, got a "Virtual memory Too Low" message....first time in 4 years and while using only BV to say the least!!)

When using IE, I get these "Run Time Errors" lines 2, etc. "object expected" as if it's a Java or dll scripting problem???

Comment

Yes, but are you receiving these messages on EVERY site you visit, or just on a particular site ? I have installed IDM also, and had no problem. Ofcourse, this means nothing, as any software, installed on different computers, may or may not create problems.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Exactly, my friend....

I get it on my Dell 4550 desktop running XP-Pro and Office 2002.
            I first appeared on the brides.com "community" forum (probably more of a blog) when checking in on a customer request.
            Then I was getting it whenever I tried to logon to VodaTalk if i opened more than 1 window (bad habit).
            Then, it came up on my Bank site.....and that's when Outlook gave up on me.....

Comment

Like I said, upgrade to IE 7.0
              6.0 is now obsolete with many sites peticularly flash sites.
              Also, upgrade DirectX

Comment

Vasili, i would suggest that you try a repair to your windows. Insert the windows CD on your laptop, and (i beleive) it will give you a message about installing from scratch or checking/repairing the existing installation.

Also, you may try a system restore to a point before your last software installation.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Already "detected & repaired" Outlook, re-loaded Office, Restored to 3 different points.....Dell does not have XP CD's, selling only OEM pre-loads. Their so-called "Support" is the laughingstock of the industry....(I don't speak Hindi too well, nor am I famously tolerant for 'scripted solutions" that are non-solutions).
                  The price of an upgrade CD for Office 2002 > 2003 and the RAM upgrade is about the same price as buying a new computer tower in itself.....

>> Stop pushing IE7, Sadin. I've already announced my predelection.
                  I prefer to keep IE6 on all my 72 computers in my control until the next version of IE is completely de-bugged and has fallen into line with Vista's own bag of worms....including the 11 new HP XP Media laptops.....they work JUST fine, and keeps everyone on the same safe, proven page until 2008 by my estimate.
                  Interestingly, the HP laptops have no CD's either, and have an "instant self-repair" feature built-in.....a hybrid of things to come.

Comment

Apparently, I just talked myself into buying a new computer.
                    Again.

Ridiculous, really. Like throwing money out the window on a more frequent basis.

Good Night, Gentlemen! May you each have a wonderful weekend.

Comment

Look, Vasili, I’m not try to push IE 7.0 on you for any other reason than the cold hard fact that 6.0 is last year’s build, web developers have already made new builds for IE 7.0. When People update their Dreamweaver and Frontpage it will create new web builds compatible with IE 7.0 and Microsoft has stopped building updates for 6.0 because they have rebuilt the web browser…. why not upgrade

Your Memory Error stems from your Hard Drive being too full and not enough space to write out temporary files….

Comment

It all began after downloading/purchasing *****'s suggested Internet Downlaod manager
                        Don't Kill The Messanger!

IDM Has nothing to do with outlook, It is well known and highly documented fact that IE7 is highly problematic.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Def, IE 7.0 has its quirks... Its new features of tab browsing and the multiple delete factor is nice though... I'm sure they will work out the kinks though....

Comment

I wasn't slamming you or IDM, merely pointing out that it was only after going through the process of buying/downloading/installing it that things began to happen. Only then.

I know Outlook is a completely different function than standard online connectivity, and I performed four hours of concentrated de-bugging trying to get at it.
                            It was only when I was fried that I started looking at the error messages coming up in IE, as if Java was bugged, or an ActiveX was dancing....I was trying to figure out (via the messages, and whether they might be recognizable - for the geekers who recognize script) if a setting on either IE or a modem went haywire.....

And, Sadin my fine friend, my memory is NOT the problem whatsoever.....I have only 76g on a 210g HD and I safely run most applications off from and filed to an external 500g HD.......running 42% of HD capacity is far from running short. And despite what "other people are doing" and the "current trends are" I remain in complete agreement with our esteemed General VodaHost: IE7 is not worth the risk screwing around with until is has been definitively demonstrated that is is both stable and standard. I cannot afford to "experiment" enterprise-wide.

I simply have no more thoughts on what a smart avenue of attack might be. Unless a wildcard runs Temp files full whenever I connect. Thus, had performed 3 total wipes/cleans/disinfects with Premier products.

I wasted four critcal fours before I bothered to offer my situation in VodaTalk (after farting around 3 days prior). I figure that's almost worth five times the price of the computer itself. I get disgusted at these poor "investments."

And...I am not known for killing the messenger. (Sorry if it came across like that!) I quitely take out my target and move on. I gave up tossing grenades long ago. LOL

I am still at a loggerhead, and did not have time today (expect anything less?) to deal with it. It is probably much easier for me to simply go out and get another tower. Be done with it.

and on we go.....

Comment

Vasili, did you try the system restore? That has always done the trick for me when nothing else will. Then you just will have to upload programs again after it.

But, whether you want a new computer or not - there's no reason not to get that one working properly again. Believe it or not - my old used dell that I bought on eBay a few years back as a backup - I replaced last year - and my friend is using it still. Even gave it some more memory - and it is a relic.

Sadain, I do have IE7, but it's not for everyone - and it won't solve problems like this. Don't expect everyone to change because you have - and it'll be years before the majority of IE users are on IE7 - and by that time, they'll have 8 or 9 out LOL

Good luck, Vasili!
                              Beth
                              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X