Still lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still lost

I still dont get it - I have watched the tutorials. I have published all my pages. My site is still not up. When I type in my url I get a list of files. So there must be something else I have to do. To get your site visible on the internet do I have to do more than publish? I keep thinking I must have to ftp. Do I have to download one of the ftp programs and then move file. I am sorry but I have been looking at this for days and I am not just not figuring it out. Please give me a step by step of what to do to make my site live.

Thank you

Julie

Hi Julie,

sounds like you have named your index page wrong, make sure you index (1st page) is saved as "index" not "Index" etc. save again and publish, make sure you remove 1st the old one you can do this through FTP or your control panel
    www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
    BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
    Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Ok I did that and it worked. I'm so excited. Thank you for that! Now here would be my next problem: For some reason my Contact us Page shows an error and I can not figure out why. I am sure it is a simple operators error, but I think I have it named right so I just haven't pinpointed the error. Also I made a left navigation bar. That bar was created by a rectangle that I put a gradiated color in and when I work on my site it looks perfect - it gradiates from a beige different shades of brown. When I view my site on the web it starts beige and then is a solid fushia. I don't know how to fix this. You can view my site at www.itsbetterinchocolate.com.

Thank you

Julie

Comment

Try re-uploading your template.
        ::Steven.H::

Comment

Originally posted by jel3412
          Ok I did that and it worked. I'm so excited. Thank you for that! Now here would be my next problem: For some reason my Contact us Page shows an error and I can not figure out why. I am sure it is a simple operators error, but I think I have it named right so I just haven't pinpointed the error. Also I made a left navigation bar. That bar was created by a rectangle that I put a gradiated color in and when I work on my site it looks perfect - it gradiates from a beige different shades of brown. When I view my site on the web it starts beige and then is a solid fushia. I don't know how to fix this. You can view my site at www.itsbetterinchocolate.com.

Thank you

Julie
          Hi Julie, what the url to ur contact page i.e. www.yoursite/contact.html

also what did you save the contact page as

Comment

Maddog - I believed I saved the page as contact so I guess that is contact.bvp and the url for that button is www.itsbetterinchocolate.com/contact.html.

Comment

Steven,

When you say reupload your template, what exactly do you mean? Do I have to replace the template on each page or are your referring to something else?

Julie

Comment

Maddog - I believed I saved the page as contact so I guess that is contact.bvp and the url for that button is www.itsbetterinchocolate.com/contact.html.
                ok try the same as you did with your index, remove using FTP and them re-publish

just double check your spelling( I have been there looked for ages for a problem only to find the names don't match)

Comment

regarding the image problem have look here this could be the reason why

Answers to general questions and help with common problems. For help with a specific issue, post to one of the forums below.

Comment

Maddog,

For that left navigation all I did was create a rectangle shape - make the shape have a color and clicked to gradiate the color so I don't have more than one going on. I just don't get it.

Comment

It seems like it is getting worse. I just republished my pages and the home page has even more pink than before.

Julie

Comment

It seems like it is getting worse. I just republished my pages and the home page has even more pink than before.

Julie
                        yep its pink alright, sry i don't have the answer for that one, its a Pablo question, he will know( there nothing he don't know), Pablo will pick this up and answer hopefully soon.

Was thinking, try redoing the shape and colour again, only use on your index page, then republish, if I remember rightly you have to make the shape for each page or BV gets confused( not 100% sure on this)

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog
                          yep its pink alright, sry i don't have the answer for that one, its a Pablo question, he will know( there nothing he don't know), Pablo will pick this up and answer hopefully soon.

Was thinking, try redoing the shape and colour again, only use on your index page, then republish, if I remember rightly you have to make the shape for each page or BV gets confused( not 100% sure on this)
                          Well Maddog maybe that is the problem because I did not make a shape for each page. I did that shape with the navigation buttons and the top header with the navigation buttons and saved it as a template and then I have been doing the new pages with that template. Before I go to the headache of doing a shape for each page I will wait to get final word from Pablo.

Oh by the way I figured out my Contact Us page problem. It was a capitalization problem - saved as Contact, but used contact.html. So that one is fixed.

Julie

Comment

Well Maddog maybe that is the problem because I did not make a shape for each page. I did that shape with the navigation buttons and the top header with the navigation buttons and saved it as a template and then I have been doing the new pages with that template. Before I go to the headache of doing a shape for each page I will wait to get final word from Pablo.

Oh by the way I figured out my Contact Us page problem. It was a capitalization problem - saved as Contact, but used contact.html. So that one is fixed.

Julie
                            I don't think the shape is the problem, it's more likely the color. If you used a gradient, there is a good chance that the color isn't "web friendly", and you'll end up with that pink color as a result. Before doing anything else, I'd recommend changing the color and see how that works.

Edit: Maybe it is the shape, I just noticed that the color is different on different pages. Oh well, I tried. LOL
                            Last edited by racefan20; 09-02-2005, 01:33 AM.
                            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Pablo Please

Pablo can you help on this one?

Comment

Working...
                              X