Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the ideal size for inserted images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the ideal size for inserted images?

My original pictures are 3264 x 2448 or thereabouts. Initially I reduced them to 640 x 480 but I am wondering if they might load too slowly for folks with slow machines. I want the, "click on's," to be as large as practical. On my "morephotos-2," page of "dabsoflight.com" I have most of them reduced to 2oo in "pixsizer." But except for a couple on the bottom row that click a larger size that I prefer, I wonder if the others really need to be as small as they are. The presentation size is fine, It is only the pick size I am concerned about and the speed of viewing.
    www.dabsoflight.com

For fine pixel art and photos
    pixelpainter@verizon.net

Re: What is the ideal size for inserted images?

I'd like to see them bigger - and if you insert them using the gallery feature, then select it to make thumbnails (I also suggest in this case you select them to open into popups when clicked) - you can keep some of the larger sizes, as the gallery feature itself will make the thumbnails pics smaller for you. I'd still optimize them best you can at the larger size - but these are really too small for people to get the essence of what you're showing.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you Bethers, I wasn't sure if that would work without increasing load up time. I agree they are a bit too small and your suggestion gives me the hope I was lookting for.
      pixelpainter
      www.dabsoflight.com

For fine pixel art and photos
      pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

Hi Pixelpainter,

There shouldnt be any problem loading at the size you mentioned.
        I have been uploading my orchid photos to my gallery at Epson Photocenter at 600 x 400 all these years without any loading problem.

Here is the link. Check it out yourself.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...996&p=73416455

You will see that instead of resizing my photo instead I crop or trim my photos and discard all unwanted parts of the photo. In this way viewers will focus on the intend view. By cropping you will also enlarge the focal point of the photo you would like viewers to see.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Pixelpainter,

A tiny correction.

What I meant to say is I usually crop or trim my photos before resizing.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Nice site and nice music. :)
            (: Read Only The Good Stuff And Your Day Will Be Blessed :)

Comment

Working...
            X