Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BVP file

Hi all,

I'm am completely new to this can anyone help? I have made a couple of pictures with adobe, when i transfer them in to Blue Voda web builder it places the picture on a black or white canvas. I have tried saving it in a different format but the quality of the effects go.

How can i make my picture with a transparent background without losing the quality of the picture?

Re: BVP file

Save the photos as a .gif format. That will preserve the transparency but will also reduce the clarity somewhat depending on the settings used. What version of Adobe are you using?
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

You could also set your background in photoshop to the color you want to use on your web page.
      Did you mean black or white, around the outside of the picture, or within the picture itself?
      Royden

www.harrow-art.com
      www.harrow.co.za

Comment

only format to suppoert transparency is gif but you will always lose some quality when saving from jpeg to a gif.

No easy fix here as you will have to trial several images to see which one looks best.

Comment

Use PhotoDraw or PhotShop and save for web, this will provide a transparent background. You can also download Paint.Net check *****'s post.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Cheers for the replies,

The colour is within, but i want it transparent and saving in gif looses a lot of quality. I've been told to convert to srgb first then Save to web. but i don't know how to do that yet.

I will try paint.net first

Nice one for the link.

Comment

You can do it in Front Page or Microsoft Image Composer which will save the photo in Bitmap.

You can also save for the web in Adobe in either gif or jpeg format. Dont worry about losing photo quality in gif. There is no visual quality loss when used on the web.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
              X