X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlinking Questions

Originally posted by ilanit
    hello.
    1. I create the navigation bar, I want that this navigation will appear in each page, I need to build this again in each page or it will appear automatically because of the links.
    2. In the navigation bar- edit button appears the line alternate text, what I need to write in this line? In the video don’t have anything about this.
    3. If I want that click on one of the navigation bar will brings the visitor to the middle of the page, how I can do this?
    4. I understand that I need to attach all my pages together by links, but the thing that I don’t understand is, if I need to create links to each image, text or logo etc in each page or only to put or to write the thing that I want?
    Thank you very much.
    Hi, I'm new here. I've only posted a few times in another forum on this website.

Ok, if I may, can I try to answer your questions?

1. As far as I know, just because you have a link on one page doesn't mean it will be created for you automatically on another page. You have to create the link or menu bar again on that other page. This is what you are forced to do when writing webpages from scratch.

2. The alternate text is what appears if the image of the button doesn't appear when going to the page its on. For instance let's say one of your menu buttons is named "Home." In the edit button space for "alternate text" you would write "Home." That way if the image of the button has a problem loading up for a visitor to that page, the alternate text is there to identify what element was there.

3. What you are describing is called creating a "Bookmark," that is creating a link to another element on the same page.

Please see "Adding Elements To Your Website --> Adding Bookmarks for islandcrazy" to understand what I'm talking about.

4. Whatever element you want a link for, you have to do it manually.

If you want all of this stuff to be done automatically for all of your webpages, then I suggest you check out "PHP-Nuke Content Management System" at http://www.phpnuke.org/

To create links, just scroll to the very bottom of this page. The video is very easy. Creating links in BlueVoda is stupidly easy.
    Big-D

"Some lawyers are like slinkies. They can bring a smile to your face when you get to push them down a flight of stairs."

Re: Linking your pages together (creating Hyperlinks with text, images etc...)

Hi Big D

just FYI:

2. The alternate text is what appears if the image of the button doesn't appear when going to the page its on. For instance let's say one of your menu buttons is named "Home." In the edit button space for "alternate text" you would write "Home." That way if the image of the button has a problem loading up for a visitor to that page, the alternate text is there to identify what element was there.

Not excactly. It will ofcourse work this way too, but the ALT text is intended to be a small description of the page where the button leads. In the case of images, it will provide a description of the image itself.

If you want all of this stuff to be done automatically for all of your webpages, then I suggest you check out "PHP-Nuke Content Management System" at http://www.phpnuke.org/

Yes, but what if someone doesn't want php nuke? in BV it's relatively simple: using i frames. There is a whole tutorial on the use of iframes for headres, menubars etc in the tips and trics section.

Ilanit's questions have, anyway, been already answered one month ago, on other similar threads she had started.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

If I want to install a hyperlink to an e-mail addy .. how would i go about doing that ?

Comment

Hi all. I'm working on my long overdue websites, after delays with my DSL connection. It's quite exciting and a bit scary I find. While I'm here, how do you connect the 'contact' button to an email form?

Comment

BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

O.K. This is driving me nuts, and maybe I'm just plain missing something here. I have text on my page "Installation Instructions" (not that it really matters) and would like to link that to a Word document. I have downloaded this file in my cPanel. How do I make this link bring up that file?

Comment

Highlight the text, click on the Link Tool icon, and select Link type "http",
              URL: http://www.yoursite.com/wordfilename.doc
              Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                Highlight the text, click on the Link Tool icon, and select Link type "http",
                URL: http://www.yoursite.com/wordfilename.doc
                Thanks for your help, but I'm afraid that is not what I need. What is the point of downloading stuff to your cpanel if you can't gain access to it from the link? When you highlight the text, then click on the Link Tool icon and select http, then what? Shouldn't this be a file and not a http? Do I have to create a seperate webpage for the link, and then past all of my info on that page? That seems a little silly.

Comment

Will my links not work till I publish the site, because when I click on "Preview" and then click on the link all I get is "page cannot be displayed"?
                  I have directed the link to a file not an http. This is what is says after URL in the Link Tool.
                  file://./Technical Data (26).doc

Also what is the Target and Bookmark for? blank, self, parent, top? Can't seem to find any info in the tutorials. Thanks again.

Comment

When you upload a file on your site and link to it, it is directly accessible by a visitor if the visitor has the necessary software on his computer. So, by installing a http (not file) link to an uploaded Word document, will cause the visitors Word to open with the document from your site:
                    Target = where the linked page or file will open: in a new (blank), on the top (top), in the same (self) or a parent (depending from the initial) window.
                    Bookmark for links inside the same page or even separate pages: obliges the browser to focus on the poit of the page where the bookmark has been placed. The bookmarks (or anchors) are invisible to the visitor points each havin it's own name. If you place f.e. a bookmark at the bottom of your page, if it is too long, by clicking on a link that reffers to that bookmark, the browser will bringup the bottom of the page. A very common use is for FAQ pages, which are very long: At the top you have the questions, each one linked to a bookmark linked to the relevant answer. By clicking on the question, the browser comes up with the part of the page containing the relevant answer
                    Navaldesign

Comment

where is the video tutorial? it does not show up on my screen.

Comment

The tutorials are available by clicking on "Tutorials" on the top bar of this very forum.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Hi, I am just starting out trying to create a web site for work.
                          I am a complete novice at this so i am generally finding it hard Ann

Comment

We all started from zero, and we all still find new ways of accomplishing things. It's gonna come natural with time, don't worry.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Struggling badly here, have created 8 pages - not polished as yet but can't work out how to get buttons to link to the right pages - any info would be really appreciated as wasting countless hours trying !!!

HELP PLEASE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X