Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Einfocast......

I will answer your last question first:
    If the password in your welcome email does not work then you must put in a support ticket citing this thread.

Pointing your name servers:
    go to your other hosting service and search for dns or changing dns.
    This should enable you to find the appropiate page where your dns details
    are kept.
    In the 2 boxes, change to the vodahost server Nos that are in your welcome email (ie...ns17.vodahost.com and ns18.vodahost.com)

If you need futher clarification, please post again.............

good luck
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Re: Einfocast......

Hi David,

I'm getting a lot of mixed messages from support. And getting very confused.

Although, your answer has shed of light on what I need to do.

Since my first posting and before reading your answer let me tell you what I've been told.

1) That I can't use the BlueVoda web builder to build and publish a web site.

David, I bought the annual hosting service which came with a free domain name. I thought the BlueVoda builder was a part of the service. But, according to Laura Dunkin, I have to buy a seperate hosting from BlueVoda.
    That was never expressed in the offer.

So, my original question: I have 3 domains that I want to transfer to VodaHost after the 60 day waiting period is over, can I publish them through BlueVoda? The first answer was yes, go to the register and point the name servers ... the stuff you helped with, by the way thanks.

Then Laura Dunkin tells me the above mixed message.

If you can straighten this out for me I will be very greatful.

Thanks

Comment

Hi David,

I'm getting a lot of mixed messages from support. And getting very confused.

Although, your answer has shed of light on what I need to do.

Since my first posting and before reading your answer let me tell you what I've been told.

1) That I can't use the BlueVoda web builder to build and publish a web site.

David, I bought the annual hosting service which came with a free domain name. I thought the BlueVoda builder was a part of the service. But, according to Laura Dunkin, I have to buy a seperate hosting from BlueVoda.
      That was never expressed in the offer.

So, my original question: I have 3 domains that I want to transfer to VodaHost after the 60 day waiting period is over, can I publish them through BlueVoda? The first answer was yes, go to the register and point the name servers ... the stuff you helped with, by the way thanks.

Then Laura Dunkin tells me the above mixed message.

If you can straighten this out for me I will be very greatful.

Thanks

Comment

einfocast:

(David, I bought the annual hosting service which came with a free domain name.)

If by the above, you mean that you have opened a vodahost hosting account with a free domain name then:

1) you can use the free Bluevoda website builder to create and publish a website to your Vodahost account using the free domain name as your main website address. (as long as you remain within the guidelines issued by vodahost)

2) You can transfer your other domain names to Vodahost after the 60 day period has expired.

3) in the meantime, you can point your other domains(dns) to the vodahost servers as I have previously described.

The vodahost support team (imo) are the best that I have come across, so I believe that its just a matter of communication.

Please post here again if you need any futher help or clarification.

have fun
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

That I can't use the BlueVoda web builder to build and publish a web site.
          I think you are a bit confused, BlueVoda does not offer web hosting, BlueVoda is a piece of software the at enables you to build a website. You can use the BlueVoda website builder to build and publish websites, the BlueVoda website builder only exists for this purpose. Laura did not tell you other wise, please re-read your correspondance with her.

VodaHost offers web hosting
          , you get one free domain or free transfer with ever VodaHost account. After upu use up your one free transfer, you can transfer as many additonal domain names as you desire for $8.14 per name.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi David,

Do I find the DNS at my "old Hosting co. TeknonMedia" or the company I bought the domains from TeknonDomains?

Thanks,

Phil

Comment

I'm not David, but we can't tell you where to find your domain sitting at unless we have the domain name - it doesn't have to be at the old hosting company or where you bought it if you moved it - but I'd suspect you should check where you bought it.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

You dont even look like me beth (thank goodness)

As Beth has pointed out, I would first go to where you bought it and log in to your account and look to see if they allow changing of dns.
                If they dont (and some companies dont) then got to the hosting company.

good luck
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Comment

ROFL David - since I don't know what you look like, maybe I wouldn't mind looking like you!
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                  X