Microsof Front Page Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsof Front Page Help

I have created a new home page using Front Page. In it, I included 2 images which I have saved in public_html area of my site. I have also set the images in the front page set up to point to those files. When I launch the site, the area that should display the photos are blank. They do show a small in its place. I have looked at everything a few times and just cannot figure it out. Everything else seems to work fine. Any ideas?

Thanx

Re: Front Page not displaying images

1) Please click the below....

2) Have you enabled the front page extensions on your account.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If that is an addondomain, you have probably enabled hotlink protection in your CP. If this is the case, you need to add the new site to the allowed sites.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I was not using my add-in domain. It just did not display the pix I included in the index page. I installed the extensions and that really caused problems. The site went DOWN. I got a page 403 error. Being completly down, i deleted the index file done in front page and replaced it with my old BV index.html page. Still the same 403 error. I will review the Front Page tutorial again, perhaps there is something I missed. If all else fails, I will start from scratch using only BV. It is just that I spent hours introducing a new page with front page and hate to see it go to waste. WHat are the extensioons suppose to do? I must be doing something wrong that is very simple.

Any ideas?

Comment

No, FP extensions should not have created any problem. Please have a look at http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E403.html
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I deleted the index file and copied it back in and it worked. I had to go back and read the docs again for front page to get the images to display. Front page has a lot to offer but those lengthy tutorials are there for a reason.

Thanx for the help

Comment

Re: Microsof Front Page Help

Yes, I agree those forntpage tutorials are excellent but long.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Microsof Front Page Help

There are a few reasons why your images may be missing.

1. You need to make sure the names of your images do not have spaces in them. For example: Instead of naming a file "image 1.jgp", name it "image1.jpg" or "image_1.jpg". Spaces in file names can cause problems with front page.

2. You need to make sure the images you used were in the folder you uploaded when you uploaded your website to your server. This is a VERY common reason why images may be missing. When you drag and drop an image into front page while working off line, the image will appear on the off line web page because it is showing it from a folder on your hard drive, however, when you upload the page, the connection between your hard drive and the page is broken. For this reason, it is always a good idea to import the images you plan to use into a folder that is going to be uploaded with the website.

I hope this helps.

Jason Hall
                Wrightway Enterprise

Comment

Working...
                X