Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation Bar Changes

Domain - www.myrmu.com
    I have a navigation bar with links to 6 pages. When I negoitiate from page to page, the page names on the buttons will change. When I place the curser on a button to high-lite it, sometimes the correct name will show but, most times it doesn't. Some pages will have the same name two or three times. The links still work and will take me the correct page. Why are the names changing? I have double checked all pages, they are fine and work correctly on preview, I have re-published a number of times hoping that would correct the problem but when I go online the problem is still there. Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Tom Woodske
    Client ID 5315

Re: Navigation Bar Changes

As I posted in your other thread, I cannot duplicate this problem. May I suggest that you refresh your browswer a few times - or clear your cookies - you may be seeing an old version in your own computer.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I refreshed a number of times and cleared my cookies. My old version was some what different, I have changed the button design and added two additional buttons. Thank you for your suggestions, I will work on it tomorrow.

Comment

The problem is very common. It is not due to BV but to user. It is created when you use the "Save as " option to create a new page form an existing one, then you make changes to the menu bar buttons.

Let me explain: when you create a page with a menubar, BV creates an image for every button. These images, are saved in the BV images folder and then uploaded on the server when you publish the page. When you load the page in your browser, the browser looks for the images, and loads them, as well as the links related to each button.

Now, if you want to create another page with the same menubar, if you use the "Save as" option and you save it as "page2" and then modify the page content and save again, BV holds the same name for the menubar button images.

If you DON'T make any changes to your menubar, this will work ok, because page2 button images are the same of those in page1.
        BUT, if you modify the buttons in page2 and then publish the page, BV will save on the server the new button images, those relevant to page2, BUT with the same image names used also for page1. This will cause the menubar in page1, when viewed in the browser (not in preview, when you actually visit the published page) to load the modified (for page2) button images, since these are the last ones published.

Result>: the menubar in all pages created this way, will result those of the last published page.

Solution: you can still use the "save as" to create the second page, but, after saving it as page 2, do the following:

1. Delete the menubar from page 2
        2. Copy the menubar from page 1 and then paste it in page2
        3. Modify the menubar as required.
        4. Save again the page2.

This will force BV to attribute new image names to page2 buttons, and any conflict will disappear..

When pasting the menubar from page1 to page2, use the "Paste" icon on the tollbar, not the right click paste. This will paste the menubar in page2 in the same position where it is on page1, so your layout will be the same.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

When I make changes I use the "save page" command and not the "save page as". Is the the problem still relevant with the save page command? I normally use the right click paste, copy, cut etc. should I always use the toolbar commands?

Comment

Always use the toolbars to move the navigation bar and not the right click - it will also put the items in exactly the same place on the page when you paste.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks, I have been using the toolbar today as I was rew-vamping,
              I re-published my home page and it seems to working ok. I will re-publish my other page tomorrow and see how that goes.

Comment

If the second page f.e. was created starting from the first page and using the "Save as" then the problem with the menubar will persist, even though in follow up saves you used simply the "Save". The solution is as described above.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X