This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• additional pages. Need help.

I have my home page set up and a couple of hyperlinks to others. Now I am not clear how to publish some new pages. I know how to link them. but I only have a few houres each month to work on this. I keep getting error 550 although its in the folder, I know its something simple I'm missing...but I don't know what it is. Can someone enlighten me on this.
    Thanks in advance, Keith Starr.

Re: additional pages. Need help.

make sure you are publishing to the public_html folder.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello. I tried to link and publish to public_html and although I do get the hand over the picture, two of the fotos don't show up on the site (just the box with an x in the upper left hand corner) and when I click it, I get a "page does not exist" window.

Comment

Check that your pages have published properly by putting the full page address is as the url, e.g. www.yoursite.com/yourpage.html

If the page shows this has been published ok, and there is a problem with your links. Check the links to make sure that you have put the address in properly (should be as the example above). Check very carefully, I once put in two full stops instead of one and I couldn't see it until someone pointed it out!
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
        www.TucsonForBeginners.com
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Hi! I got the above problems fixed, now I'm trying to publish 3 other pages and I keep getting the "error 550" saying there is no such directory or file. I have looked very carefully at the url, and it's being published to the public_html.
          Something wrong is right in front of me and I don't see it. It published the first time and I added a new picture and now I get the error 550 again.
          Any ideas before I resort to the help desk?
          Thanks, Keith.

Comment

Please DO NOT open duplicate posts, they are counter productive.

If it is a addon domain, please publish to public_html/New Folder Name as instructed in the tutorial below...

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa...skin_addon.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi! The add on domain whiskeybayonline is set up and has been working, as have the links. I checked the server and it looks fine.
              The name of the addon domain is whiskeybayonline.com.
              The folder is called whiskeybay.
              If you need pass words let me know.
              I have made many changes before and had no problem re-publishing pages.

Thanks, Keith.

Comment

Just did a complete check, everything is fine on our end. Delete the add-on domain and recreate it, give it a diffrent folder name (to trick your computer) and republish.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hello. I deleted the sub domain, and then added it again to server as per your instructions.
                  I then deleted the whiskeybay folder and created another naming it whiskeybayonline.
                  Then I droped the files into the new folder.
                  I also washed the cache with window washer and rebooted.
                  I still get the 550 error (no file or folder exists) when trying to publish.
                  I am stumped. Worked fine up to last night.
                  Sorry to be such a pain, but I'm in over my head, here.

Keith

Comment

can you login to your control panel?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Check for simple, "invisible" errors, like a space after the username or the password, or the folder name. Delete completely the folder name from the "Folder" field in the publish dialog box and type it again from scratch, making sure not to have any blank spaces. .Do the same for password and username. Ofcourse, check also the IP address. A member once said that it had changed all by itself since the last time he had published.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi. I deleted the add on domain and re-added it with a different pass word.
                          The addition page gives me two IP addresses. The first is the IP for my main
                          page, the second IP address is the same except for the last digit. I am guessing my add on domain has a different IP address. When I tried to publish and link additional pages to the add on domain (with the second IP) that IP does not show up in the publish window, and won't let me type it in. Am I on the right track? If so, how can I fix this? I had to install a newer of BV awhile back, could this be part of the problem?

Comment

It's IMPOSSIBLE that your addon domain has a different IP address. Your IP address is unique, and it is the one of your main site. Your addon domain is simply a part of your main site, so you have simply done or saw somehing wrong.
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I agree it makes no sense, and it worked fine until a few days ago.

The site is whiskeybayonline.com and click on the drummers pic and it will take you to the drummers page, so it was working. Then I began getting the error 550 message. If I publish the whiskeybay index, it shows up on mey main page keithfalkenstein.com. As far as the IP address goes, I'm just repeating what the add on confirmation page says. Totally confused on this one, and I checked everything VERY carefully. I have no experiance in doing this, just trying to figure out what went wrong. If you want passwords or anything else just tell me what you need and I will comply.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X