Form Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Help

I was just testing the forms on my website. When I fill out the boxes and then click on submit, it goes directly to a send email page to send an email that does not contain any of the info that was put into the form. How do I get the form to submit with all the info that has been filled out?

Re: Form Help

Did you receive anything ?
    Please post your page so we can take a look.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

My website is www.parents-connection.com

Comment

Your code :

<FORM name="Advertising Form" method="POST" action="mailto:adver????ing@parents-connection.com"

shows that you have set the action in "mailto: ....". Please read again the text under the multimedia preasentation in BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1 and you will see that the mailto will in most cases fail to send the info. You need a php script instead, like the one presented in the tutorial, or ABVFP
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Okay...I am going crazy here!!! I tried all of the above and nothing is working. I followed all the instructions and all it is doing is redirecting to the page that I was suppose to save as action.php. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME? I have four forms on my site:

www.parents-connection.com/kitchen
          www.parents-connection.com/supportourtroops
          www.parents-connection.com/storyform
          www.parents-connection.com/advertisingform

Each one just goes directly to my email.
          Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
          Thank you so much!

Comment

is not a form at all. The submit a soldier button sends to the "action.php page, where the real submit a soldier form is. This one has both the method set correctly as POSt and the action set as "action.php" which means that it submits to itself. This means also that the php script should be pasted in the "Inside Body" part of your page code. But since it is php, i cannot see if it's there or not, nor see if your script is correct.

In the other forms, you have the action set to "mailto" which is wrong, and in some of them the method is "GET" instead of the correct "POST".

Then, if you want to use the same php script for all your forms, the scipt should not be in the page with the "Submit a soldier" form, but in a standalone page, which would be your "thankyou" page
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
              is not a form at all.

In the other forms, you have the action set to "mailto" which is wrong, and in some of them the method is "GET" instead of the correct "POST".
              well that page has a link to the correct form
              www.parents-connection.com/soldierform

the action should be action.php Right?
              But earlier I saved a page to that since that is what the tutorial stated and now it's directing all my forms to that page. I have tried get and post and nothing seems to be working. What else can I do?

Comment

Let's clarify things:

All your forms should have as action the php script, or the page that has the php script in it. This should be INDEPENDENT from your form pages, in a page called f.e. "thankyou" or "confirmation" or wharever you want. The script should be in the "Inside Body" of this page, which needs to be published as php. ALL your forms should have the "action" set to "thankyou.php" (if this is how you shall name this page", and the method to "POST". Do these changes and also post here the code you have used for your script.
                Navaldesign

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
                  I'm sorry I made that so complicated. But it all seems to be working now.

Comment

Working...
                  X