PHP or Hyperlink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP or Hyperlink?

I'm building a site that will have approx. 10 pages - all linked.

Each page will be identical to (i.e. a copy of the index page) the home (index) page, with one exception, each page will have a different text article.

Google adsense html blocks and other components such as images etc. will be the same for ALL pages. (Please answer in terms of what is best to use in conjunction with Google AdSense, if this matters at all and is the simplest method for a beginner)

My questions are;

1) Would this be a classic and/or necessary use of .PHP? And if so how do I do it?

2) Or, should I just copy each page - change the article - re-name the page and use the hyperlink function?

3) And in the case of question # 2 - will I have to re-do all the html blocks (adsense stuff) on a page per page basis?

I am very new to this so please take this into account.

Re: PHP or Hyperlink?

1. Yes, you can use php in conjunction with a database where the articles will be stored, and a DB browsing script that will present the articles in the same page. This way, the ads code could only be in one page. A solution suggested only if you expect to have MANY articles, in which case a management tool is needed, and the database solution is the best.
    2 - 3. You can also do this. The html code for the ads can be in the basic page template, so you don't need to copy it from page to page: create the page layout, paste the ads code, save as Template, then recall it for each of your articles pages, place the article and use the Save as to save it as "article_page_1", "article_page_2" and so on.

The same result can be obtained using a Iframe in your page, and creating separate article pages, that will be presented in the frame. You can use arrows or "next - previous" or numbers "Article 1 2 3 ...." in the articles pages, to navigate through them.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Make sure your titles and descriptions as well as a headline for each page are different - or they'll disappear into the Google supplemental index and probably never make it to search results.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Under Bether's point of view, i must add that dynamic sites (using php/MySql driven pages) are the WORST sites in terms of SE spidering. SE spiders cannot follow the links of a dynamic site, because they are being created at the moment the visitor makes an option.

On the othar hand, a site that has the possibility (or the necessity) to use php/MySQL has probably lots of other content, capable to grant a good ranking by SE.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

My thanks to both Bethers and NavalDesign.

I'll most likely go with NavalDesign's answer "2-3", only because I'm new to this and I understand the method he describes.

Now, when I complete a site, would it be proper to post a link so ya'll can view it and give me some feedback?

Comment

Sure- there is a section near the top of the topics page that lets you show your website and get constructive feedback. - Customer Wesite Reviews.

Cheers-

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
            X