HTML in Paypal Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML in Paypal Buttons

My site www.tiamats.co.uk was created in BV some months back, unfortunately I did not give due consideration to a shopping cart at the time. Rather than rebuild, I've elected to use paypal buttons for now.

My difficulty is having published a couple of protoype pages I'm getting pop-up blocks/info bar warning of "scripts and running Active X" on IE(7) (not noticed any probs in Opera however). I believe the html needs some modifying, but I don't know which part to modify as I have no real understanding of html. Please can someone advise....I've trawled thru the forum here and checked out paypal's own pdf for information/advice, but no further forward. Mighty frustrated now!!

The couple of pages with buttons are:

https://www.tiamats.co.uk/colourwork...-essencesprays.
    www.tiamats.co.uk

Re: HTML in Paypal Buttons

Originally posted by Mac22
    My site www.tiamats.co.uk was created in BV some months back, unfortunately I did not give due consideration to a shopping cart at the time. Rather than rebuild, I've elected to use paypal buttons for now.

My difficulty is having published a couple of protoype pages I'm getting pop-up blocks/info bar warning of "scripts and running Active X" on IE(7) (not noticed any probs in Opera however). I believe the html needs some modifying, but I don't know which part to modify as I have no real understanding of html. Please can someone advise....I've trawled thru the forum here and checked out paypal's own pdf for information/advice, but no further forward. Mighty frustrated now!!

The couple of pages with buttons are:

www.tiamats.co.uk/colourworksproducts-combinationbottles-chakrasets-gaiaset.html

www.tiamats.co.uk/colourworksproducts-essencesprays.

It may be something in the settings of internet explorer7 if you have just recently began to use this, go to tools, internet options and go into your advancedtab, check your settings and allow these ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

1) Neither of the two links your provided work.
      2) Do you only have the below issue in preview mode?

I'm getting pop-up blocks/info bar warning of "scripts and running Active X

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks so much for the quick response Ladyeye. Yes I 'upgraded' IE yesterday as a matter of fact....it hung 10 mins after a reboot! I tend to use Opera more and more, but have to use IE for some sites, so it's still configured as the primary. I have now reset it to allow. I guess what concerns me more is whether this is going to happen all the time to any potential customers visiting my shopping area and worse..... will it put them off?

Is it worth adding some written info within the site itself to let them know about pop ups and blocks etc? Try to reassure that it's a safe place! LOL
        www.tiamats.co.uk

Comment

VH, If you don't mind would you try this one again....

You're right, I did have them in preview mode, the above link is definitely "live" though. Now I've just reset my browser, no pop up/info bar appeared this time, not sure if that's just because of the resetting!

Mac
          www.tiamats.co.uk

Comment

hmmm.... well it really wouldn't hurt, but people are going to have this problem not just with your site but in a lot of places and they will all eventually have to modify their settings, this happened a few months ago with a simple update from microsoft and people had to adjust for that ... yeah, but back to your original question, it certainly would not hurt and in fact may also help alot of people along the way if you did put something there ..... yw

your link is now working and your paypal is smooth sailing ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You're a wee gem!! Thank you.

Cheers for the advice and comments. I may well add a bit of blurb now I know I can go ahead with several more pages.

Mac
              www.tiamats.co.uk

Comment

yw .... awesome site by the way ... very interesting ... I'll be taking a closer look .... build away!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

The warnings popup in preview because these are the security settings in your browser. When a page is publishes, usually they don't show anymore, because they are acceptable by the browser when in online mode.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the explanation ND. :) At least now I know I can get stuck in and start building a few more pages.
                    www.tiamats.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X