Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation bar not uploading

Hi all,

New to this - started uploading site to see what it comes out like www.giftstoreireland.com on the pricelist page the navigation bars are not uploading. I have tried deleting them and re-inserting them but still does not upload - and some of the paypal buttons too. Help please

Thanks

Yvonne

Re: Navigation bar not uploading

Although they are showing the red roll-over effect as I copied them, which ones are still missing?
    I can see your text box in the left margin (which needs to be changed to transparent , or "Auto" background), but is there supposed to be additional buttons there also?

>> Are you being good about "refreshing" your browser every time you Preview, to load the newest version? (Same with visiting the newly published page also....you need to re-load the newest version)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Wow quick response - will take advice - and plod along at it
      Thanks for help!!

Comment

I tried re-publishing and I still don't see the navigation bars - they must be there or else you would not have managed to copy them!! Also the first pic is not uploading. I have tried re-freshing the page but get the same thing?

Comment

Probably.....try to remember to SAVE you page each time before Previewing or Publishing.
          When Previewing again, simply "refresh" your broswer as even if presenting from you HD Temp files, it will re-load the last version unless instructed to find another, newer, version.....
          Same thing when inspecting the "live" version after republishing.....re-load the newest page into your browser proper.

ADDED THOUGHT: If you are using an iFrame, you will not see the buttons on your BV page, but should be able to see them in both Preview and "live" if you have not increased your "protection" in both IE and your anti-virus.....affects ActiveX controls...

Comment

It is actually on the "pricelist" page that I am having problems with the navigation bar - if I explained myself properly I might get somewhere
            Thanks again for help

Comment

You're right! They have evaporated! (Does this mean you hold visitors hostage until they buy something?? LOLOL)

OK....describe (in great detail) how you built this page, and what you are doing "right" and "wrong"....
              For example, are you
              Cloning the page?
              Using an iFrame?
              Merely deleting elements and re-saving it as another page?

> I don't use Clone....I'm truly BC (before Clone) so I still do it the manual way. Can't really help you de-bug this, but Clone is super easy anyway....

> If you are using an iFrame, when your page is open in BV, click once in the area it (the iFrame) is supposed to be, and if you see the small registration boxes outlining your iFrame, then quite possibly something may be wrong with what you have placed.
              Try opening another functional page and clicking once on the iFrame you know works just fine, then click the COPY button (top of BV Browser, to the left of the clipboard -- NOT THE COMMAND UNDER "FILE"), and then click over to your Pricelist page: carefully click once on the iFrame that is supposed to be there (on Pricelist page), and once "highlighted" hit the delete button to remove it.
              NOW...simply go up to the top of the BV browser pane and click on PASTE (the clipboard) and BV will copy in exactly the same position the iFrame that you know works. Re-save & re-publish the page.

> If using another re-configured page rather than Clone, use the same method to duplicate earlier success without losing confidence...

Comment

Thanks for help - will try again during the week. Really appreciate your input!!

Maybe I'll just leave them off in the hope that visitors do feel obliged to buy (LOL)

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X