Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to "center" my website

domain. catchyourdreams.org

How to make my website stay in the center of any screen?.
    I click the box for "center" and then add a background.
    Under page properties I have width as 800 x 400
    I save it.

but the background comes side by side.

What I do wrong.

john

Re: How to "center" my website

simple...

change your background to white.(View>Page Properties) and clear the box you used to select background image.
    Then..

(Layout>Guide Settings....) --> Set your guide lines to width=800 height=400
    click ok.

Now, INSERT PICTURE, place cursor at very top left corner of your page(x=0,y=0) and drag to bottom right where your two guidelines meet(x=800,y=400)

The dialog box pops up for you to browser you computer to select the image file you want. Select that image. If you image doesn't automatically fit to the selection size you made.. RIGHT-CLICK the image select PROPERTIES and check the box that says to FIT it to the selection, OK, drag image to the top left corner....
    Tap the UP ARROW on your keyboard till it is flush with the top, tap the LEFT ARROW till it's flush with the left side.....This makes sure that the TOP,LEFT corner of your image starts at 0,0.

Finally, grab the lower left corner of your image and drag it to the appropriate size using your guidlines as a visual reference.

=)
    Robert
    www.GraphXntrix.com
    Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

John,
      I just looked at your site and it fills my entire screen. I would suggest opening your page up in Blue Voda, go towards the right of your page somewhere around the middle and right click your mouse.
      Click on page properties, Under the general tab, select the width to be between 800 and 850 (personally I use 850).
      Then make sure the box "center in browser" is checked. Then say okay.
      Then that box will close.
      At the top, click the little blue disk for Save. I have found that sometimes if you don't click the blue disk the settings will not work.
      Just curious, did you want your banner to show the man twice?

dee
      Digital Visual Memories
      Lasting Presentations
      MomsWeek

Comment

your banner is tiling - making another copy of itself to fill the page - be sure to remember - everytime you work on a web page, check in page properties for width before publishing - just little moves can off center it.
        ann
        Ann
        www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
        www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
        www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Working...
        X