VodaHost Account General Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VodaHost Account General Question

When I set up my VodaHost Account, I set it up under an account called flooraudit.com and got that domain. That company is no longer in business and I am actually going to be hosting several websites for my team members as well as my own site journeyshappen.com. So my question is...

1. All of my admin hosting info and account has flooraudit attached to it. Is there anyway to change that to something else? I realize that most everything I will do, people will not see the flooraudit.com, but there are some things, such as a forum I published today, on noaanne.com, where flooraudit.com appears in the url.

2. When that domain name comes up for renewal, I will not be renewing it, so if I can't change it now, how will that work. Do I need to cancel my existing Vodahost account and apply for a new one?

Thanks for any insight!
    Cindy Smentowski

Re: VodaHost Account General Question

I suggest you submit a support ticket to have your main domain changed - to whatever you want it to be.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth: Do you think that is possible? My husband says he would be surprised if they would do it, as it would be a major task. I didn't want to bother support with it if its not even possible. Have you ever had to change your main domain? Thanks!

P.S. I really enjoy reading your posts all over the forum in various places. You are so knowledgeable....Voda is lucky to have you around!!
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Well, I can't answer for sure - but if you were not going to renew that domain - you'd have to have another domain become the main one. I don't think it would be that major -

Thanks for the compliment - I enjoy it - being semi-retired - I have a little more time to do this - and my websites have gotten me to being semi-retired, so if I can help anyone else get to this point early, I want to.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thats wonderful Beth, that your websites are supporting you! The dream of most of us! Ok...we'll I guess I'll go ahead and submit a support ticket and see what they say. Thanks again!
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I've had a friend tell me it is work - might mean a reset and that could lose other work? But ask them - they'll know - I'm just guessing. I don't know how the back end of hosting works - I'll leave that in ***** and Brad and the others at VH's hands.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Do not worry about a thing General, please submit a support ticket and we will take care of it for you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks *****, I will submit a support ticket. (gee....i didn't know I was promoted to general already!! lol) I know, just an oversight...but I'll make it some day! lol
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Ah...yes....sorry Colonel..As I was typing I assumed you where a General...You should be General.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                  X