Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having problems linking my pages

Hello,
    I am having a problem linking my index page to the 2nd page that I have published. I have a navigation bar on my home page, and when i try to go to the "about darktower" bar, i get the "page not available" message. Can anyone help me figure this out. This is my first website, and I am quite illiterate.
    Thanks,
    Tammy

Re: Having problems linking my pages

hi
    I have the same problem as you ,may be someone can help ?

Comment

May I suggest you head back to the tutorials and read about naming pages. It is very important that you name the pages correctly - and that you then type the url in exactly as you've named the pages.

For example - if your 2nd page is about darktower - it canNOT be typed that way or named that way. You can name it about_darktower, about-darktower or aboutdarktower - but there can be no spaces.

So if you named it about_darktower for an example, the link to it would be:

http://www.yourwebsitename.com/about_darktower.html
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I understand that I must name it properly, and under the page properties i have my 2nd page named aboutdarktower, but where do i put http://www.darktowerdobermans.com/aboutdarktower.html? when i save the page? I really am watching the tutorials, but I dont seem to be able to put 2and2 together.
        Thanks,
        T

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTowerDobermans
          I understand that I must name it properly, and under the page properties i have my 2nd page named aboutdarktower, but where do i put http://www.darktowerdobermans.com/aboutdarktower.html? when i save the page? I really am watching the tutorials, but I dont seem to be able to put 2and2 together.
          Thanks,
          T

On your very first page of your site , the index page ... you would insert the http://www.darktowerdobermans.com/aboutdarktower.html as a link.
          Either in a navigation bar, or a menu, or you could link the word.

All pages to your site should be linked from your main page - index

You could highlight the words About Dark Tower and when you highlight the word, go to insert, link, and then type in the link .... this will then go to that aboutdarktower page when clicked on ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

In addition to what Ladyeye said above, my question to you would be, have you published your aboutdarktower page yet? I know that sounds pretty simple, but if you have your nav bar link typed correctly and the name of your 2nd page is aboutdarktower.bvp, when you publish it, it will automatically add the html.
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I have a navagation bar on my index page, and I have a link named http://www.darktowerdobermans.com/aboutdarktower.html and i published my index page without any problems, but the link doesnt work.... I really dont speak the language of computers, and dont know what you all are talking about when you talk about re-directs and such, so keep it simple, please...
              T

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTowerDobermans
                I have a navagation bar on my index page, and I have a link named http://www.darktowerdobermans.com/aboutdarktower.html and i published my index page without any problems, but the link doesnt work.... I really dont speak the language of computers, and dont know what you all are talking about when you talk about re-directs and such, so keep it simple, please...
                T
                okay i see you have it linked correctly from your index page .... so you must have a typo in the page that you made aboutdarktower otherwise it would show up .... go into your blue voda web builder and open that page, and see what you saved it as .... and see if there is a difference

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok T. You navigation bar on your index page...if you double click that, have you added the link http://www.darktowerdobermans.com/aboutdarktower.html?

If you have, then is your second page named (aboutdarktower.bvp)?

If it is, have you saved it and published it? Check and double check the letters to make sure it is exact...all lower letters, all run together.

I see you have your index page published, but I am not able to pull up the aboutdarktower.html page, which is what makes me think you haven't published it or it is not exactly the same.

Come back to us Dark Tower...
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Cindy ... you don't name the page with .bvp .... do you? I don't ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

no you don't name it that, but when he names it aboutdarktower and saves, then it automatically assigns a .bvp extension. Then when he publishes that page, it automatically assigns the .html. I am assuming he has already created and saved his aboutdarktower page and if that is the case, then then name of that page would be aboutdarktower.bvp, which is why I referred to it that way above.
                      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I saved the page as aboutdarktower.bvp and pubished it and IT WORKS
                        thanks a bunch. I still dont remember where in the tutorial it says to save it with a .bvp.
                        thanks
                        Tammy

Comment

That's great ... I see your page now too ...

you saved it as aboudarktower - it is a .bvp file - which is part of the blue voda system turning your page into a .html when it is published ..

Great to hear!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Tammy: First I apologize for assuming you were a "he". Probably the reason you don't recall the tutorial saying to save it as a .bvp is because when you name your page and save it through the bluevoda webbuilder it automatically assigns the .bvp extension. Similiar to if you are in Microsoft word and save, it will save it with a .doc extension. Then when you publish you page, again it automatically assigns the html extension. The only exception to this would be if you manually changed the extension instead of letting the program assign it for you. Hope this just explains it a little clearer.

As Ladyeye indicated, I too also now can see your page on the internet. Great Job! and have fun building your website! Good looking dogs by the way!!
                            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                            X