Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, please

I don't know whether I am in the right area, I bought and extra domain thru
    VH and want to publish my second site. When I go to connect in BlueFTP my server IP address is not there. Wot have I done incorrectly? DUMB ME!!!

Re: Help, please

You are going to use the same server name, the only different is directory or folders you are saving you second site.

all the best.
    jahnSELE

Comment

OK, thanks, but I have different ip addresses for the second site, or doesn't that matter. Also, is it therefore an addon domain? Completely different site, I am confused, wot is the definition of an addon domain?

Comment

Your domain name will have different Ip address, the only different is the way it was configured in the server. Make sure you publish an "index" page for the second page, so that IP address will be looking for it.

It will be an addon domain, and it is a completelly different site. Addon domain uses the same server acct.

all the best.
        jahnSELE

Comment

if you still can't find it download the newest version of BV - at least that is what I have read in the past posts ann
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

So, you are saying you have bought from VH a new domain name, or a whole new hosting account, which came together with a new domain name ?

If you simply registered a new domain name, but no hosting account, then you need to enter your VBS VodaHost Billing Services Control Panel (more information in the mail you have received from VH) and change your DNS to be the same as those of your main domain name. Then you should enter your account Control Panel, and Add this new domain name as addon domain in your existing account.

If on the other hand you have purchased a complete package (hosting + domain name) then yhis is a completely independent one, so you should use the IP address sent to you by VH (more details in the VH welcome email)
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I really don't know, but here goes
              I purchased and have a site up and running , so I have my cpanel login, Master Username and master password. OK.
              Then I bought thru VH again another domain name, and received a different IP address, cpanel log in, with a new master username and password.

I am new to this as you can tell, is the second domain name to be added as an addon to my first site? So having done that, if that is what needs to be done, does the different IP address have any significance to me? Because when I go to BlueFTP the second IP address is not there as an option for the to connect to the new site (publish). So do I then try to connect using the IP address of the first site and the usernames and passwords of the first site, to publish?

I don't know whether I have made myself clear, hope so!

Russ

Comment

I repeat: if you only bought a domain name, then it needs to be added as addon domain in your main account, and the DNS pointed at those of your main account. If it is a package, it is by all means independent, and you should treat it as you do with the one you already have, but with it's own IP, username and password.

If you have payed $19.95 for a year, you just bought a domain name, if you have paid $95 for a year, it's a package.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X