X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• format of text in h1 tags

Hi,
    I have tried adding (only in bluevoda as yet) a headline h1 tag, and have the problem that the text type does not match my page when previewed. The size is great. Got the code from a Bethers thread. Is there a way to make the headline h1 the same text as the page using html and bluevoda?
    Thanks yet again,
    Jock.
    www.lochdesignsjewellery.com

Re: format of text in h1 tags

I think you can, just enter text box in BV and change font style and size.
    jahnSELE

Comment

You have to give the text type in html code - this is an example of an h1 tag:

<center><h1><font face="comic sans ms" size="4" color="#111111">Your Headline Here</font></h1></center>

Now, you don't have to center it - you can pick any text, any size and any color.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth,
        and thanks again, think I can manage now.
        Again thanks,
        Jock.

Comment

Hi Beth,

I also saw this code (along with h2-h3) in the rich jerk ebook which came
          from the overall recommendation of webmaster world.

My question is why set the html up as h1 rather than creating a title in bluevoda (or anyt other WYSISYG)...

...or is it the same thing?

Is title info in our vodahost sites (and in every page source) the same as h1 info, just in a css format?

Does that mean that the search engines will find it better because it is an a css layout code?

For example, is my headline at http://www.videoproduceronline.com
          just being recognized as a title or as a 'heading 1' or are they the same thing? Should I use your code instead of just doing the headline in WYSIWYG?

Thank so much Beth or any other repliers! i'll be sure to check this thread later today.

Scott
          Videoproduceronline.com - Join An Elite Group of Online Businesses Using Professional Direct Response Video That Mesmerizes Website Visitors With A Call To Action.

Comment

I assume this is a CSS format, correct?
            Videoproduceronline.com - Join An Elite Group of Online Businesses Using Professional Direct Response Video That Mesmerizes Website Visitors With A Call To Action.

Comment

The reason for h1, h2, h3 goes back to newspaper days - and for a search engine - they will, hopefully, pick up your headlines without using the coding based on the fact that you should have them in larger type, bold, etc. Using the h tags tells them without a doubt that this is the headline.

Now, because people have abused the use of h1 tags - the se's do not give them the credit they once did - but I still have found that they recognize the keywords I put in these tags and these words rise up faster in searches. I very carefully use the tags correctly.

Now, what you are calling a headline on the site mentioned - will not do you good with or without h tags - as it is not really a headline but a long, long sentence. Think of a newspaper - think of it's top headline - usually 3, 4 or 5 words - big type - top of page - give the most important story of the day. That is what is a headline - your TOP keywords - the most important keywords - that immediately, when people see them they know they're on the page they want to be on.

I haven't done keyword research for your site/product - but a possible headline would be: Professional Online Direct Response Video

No extraneous words - no sentence - that is what follows.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth,

Thank you so much for your reply. Your answers are very simple and to the point, very understandable and weave through all the clutter and noise online...so thank you for that.

I'm going to take the proper steps towards intertwining the right keywords and heading in there with a headline, followed by the sentence.

That's one of the things I've been mistified in what the difference is within SEO.

Thanks Beth, it's very much appreciated.

All the best,
                Scott

Comment

You're welcome - let me know if I can help further.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                  X